Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In a game of Crowd Control; Steelers 1, Ben Roethlisberger 1!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Squashed? This is only the beginning. Just wait after a few my losses.

Team sources expect Roethlisberger to ask the [URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT"]Steelers[/URL] to [URL="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/399557204199899137"]explore a possible trade[/URL] in the offseason, Rapoport was told. Pittsburgh fielded trade offers for [URL="http://www.nfl.com/player/benroethlisberger/2506109/profile"]Big Ben[/URL] last offseason and the team expects to answer the phone again in 2014.

Do you guys not know what this means? It means two things.

One, it wasnt Ben and Ben's camp that leaked this about Ben. It was team sources. Of course Ben would have it squash. And that came right at the start of the game. And you call that, crowd control. He still has plenty of games left to play as a Steeler this season. I think Ben would prefer that Steelers fans didnt know he felt this way until the end of the season. And since it was team sources who released this information, that means that they are laying the ground work, so that when they do trade a franchise QB, their fan base believes they had no choice but to trade an unhappy player.

This is just the beginning. It is going to be an interesting off season.

And the second thing this means, team sources is letting the rest of the league know he is available again this next off season, and it is going to take a lot to get him (like more that what was offered last season). In other words, "Come strong, or don't come at all!!"
    This whole new thread on the same topic can go for 20 more pages now.

Ben said it was BS. Rooney said it was BS. Pretty much everyone shut it down. Come clean DD, are you Rapaport's source?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    This whole new thread on the same topic can go for 20 more pages now.

Ben said it was BS. Rooney said it was BS. Pretty much everyone shut it down. Come clean DD, are you Rapaport's source?
    Dub called into a show with the Batman Bane voice.. lol.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    "Team sources"? Which team? The article doesn't say...this could have easily come from the Arizona Cardinals....
    Could have been a Heinz Field janitor (not Tomlin) who doesn't like Ben because he holds onto the ball too long.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I pretty much thought that it was standard practice to answer the phone when it rings? Perhaps the team source heard:
    ring ring
    Tomlin: Hello?
    caller: blah blah blah blah
    Tomlin: (astonished) Trade Ben?
    caller: blah blah blah blah

----> Source runs out of room and calls NFL network schmucks

(meanwhile, back in the Steelcave)
    Tomlin: HELL no we aren't trading Ben are you crazy

Legend

User Info Menu

For anyone thinking that the Steelers want to trade Ben I have some nice property here in Florida I'll sell you. It has lots of water!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here is an idea....dont listen to anything that is said about this. But watch the reaction of Steeler fans after a few more loss. And how the reaction is as they stumble into an off season at 5-11.

I have already seen some who have changed their views on this subject from earlier on in the season.

And remember this....as big of a fan that you are, the owners and management of this team are just as big. And as fans of this team, they take losses and losing just as hard. Then factor in the time, hours, years, the millions of dollars they invest in this team, and add the pressure and obligation they have to their employees, I am willing to bet that this is going to happen.

Watch.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Ben said it was BS. Rooney said it was BS.
    Rooney also said that Bruce Arians was retiring. He obviously was flat out lying when he said that. I was glad that Rooney reacted quickly to these "rumors" with a statement. But is the guy believable after the Arians fiasco?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Here is an idea....dont listen to anything that is said about this. But watch the reaction of Steeler fans after a few more loss. And how the reaction is as they stumble into an off season at 5-11.

I have already seen some who have changed their views on this subject from earlier on in the season.

And remember this....as big of a fan that you are, the owners and management of this team are just as big. And as fans of this team, they take losses and losing just as hard. Then factor in the time, hours, years, the millions of dollars they invest in this team, and add the pressure and obligation they have to their employees, I am willing to bet that this is going to happen.

Watch.
    So, what happens if they limp into the offseason at 7-9 or even 8-8?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    For anyone thinking that the Steelers want to trade Ben I have some nice property here in Florida I'll sell you. It has lots of water!
    Does it have any land?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    So, what happens if they limp into the offseason at 7-9 or even 8-8?
    Well there is the problem right there. It is unrealistic expectations. Many fans do this. They cannot see the forest through the trees. That is not going to happen.

But regardless ownership/management is not only looking at the final outcome of this year, but last years as well. Also the enormous amount of money they are over the cap for 2014, Ben is going to be 32, their team is void of play makers on both sides of the ball, and far too many holes to fill through their ordinary approach to the draft.

I believe that they now believe the best thing for this organization and the quickest way to turn it around is to get an overwhelming offer for Ben. It is no coincidence they added the part about shopping Ben last year. This was sending a message to the league. What you offered last year wasn't enough. And by doing this now they are helping teams to have time to evaluate this and prepare to make the necessary room.

And it is a lot easier to do that what most think. Here is how it is going to work and go down.

The Steelers and Ben (his agent), are gong to come together and agree that what is in the best interests of both is for a change. And the best way to do so is to re-work a new long term contract for him. One that is cap friendly for the Steelers as well as the team he is going to go to. Back end loaded. It gets them out of cap hell and it gives Ben more money and for more years. And the new then has a franchise QB who has a contract that is easier on the front end which makes them feel more comfortable giving up more in return. They can compensate their loss with the freedom and flexibility they will have for free agency.

Win, win situation for all. And I am sure they will give Ben and his agent an opportunity to seek out the trade themselves at first. Find someone they want to go to. And as long as they are willing to give the Steelers what they want, they will do it. Even this may include a team in their own division. Hmmmmmmmmmmm???
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash