Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: In a game of Crowd Control; Steelers 1, Ben Roethlisberger 1!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Read again:

Cap hell will be OVER after this year...
    No you read again!! I said THIS OFF SEASON!!!

This off season they are already 3rd highest over the cap. Not talking about 2015.

Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The reason we have holes is we haven't drafted well recently. So how are more picks gonna help us? I don't see the logic. Sending Ben away is just gonna make us that much worse.

For your story to play out and have any possibility of working, I'd want Colbert and Tomlin and the whole coaching staff except Lake to leave with Ben. Then we might have a chance at drafting better and coaching up our draft picks.

Otherwise we lose Ben and likely don't get equal value in return. Draft picks are always a gamble.
    That is not the only reason the Steelers have holes. There have been players who have had to be released as well as players who also were let to walk in free agency because they couldnt afford them.

But you guys act as if the Steelers have done a horrible job drafting lately which isnt the case. Many thought Lawrence Timmons was a mistake. It sometimes takes time for players to develop. Like Heyward who has come on lately.

I hardly think these players were bad drafting...

Antonio Brown
    Maurkrice Pouncey
    David DeCastro
    Manny Sanders
    Mike Wallace
    Jarvis Jones
    Lawrence Timmons
    Lamarr Woodley
    Le'Veon Bell
    Vince Williams
    Shamarko Thomas
    Kelvin Beachum
    Keenan Lewis

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    That is not the only reason the Steelers have holes. There have been players who have had to be released as well as players who also were let to walk in free agency because they couldnt afford them.

But you guys act as if the Steelers have done a horrible job drafting lately which isnt the case. Many thought Lawrence Timmons was a mistake. It sometimes takes time for players to develop. Like Heyward who has come on lately.

I hardly think these players were bad drafting...

Antonio Brown
    Maurkrice Pouncey
    David DeCastro
    Manny Sanders
    Mike Wallace
    Jarvis Jones
    Lawrence Timmons
    Lamarr Woodley
    Le'Veon Bell
    Vince Williams
    Shamarko Thomas
    Kelvin Beachum
    Keenan Lewis
    The jury is still out on nearly half of these guys. And I'd say drafting has certainly been bad with a few exceptions recently. If we had quality drafts, we'd have players ready to step in as Ward, Harrison, Farrior, Hampton, Hoke, Smith, Parker, etc. moved on. And we haven't. And we're still in a pickle because it's close to time for some additional older guys to leave and we still don't have guys ready to step in and take their place.

We're in a position now of having to play guys that aren't ready and we might not even be sure if they're long term answers, but we've had to insert them into the starting lineup out of necessity.

Rookie

User Info Menu

No you read again!! I said THIS OFF SEASON!!!

This off season they are already 3rd highest over the cap. Not talking about 2015.

Trading Ben will not help this. It will only create an exorbitant amount of dead money against the cap. There is no way to eliminate his remaining signing bonus. It can't happen.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Trading Ben will not help this. It will only create an exorbitant amount of dead money against the cap. There is no way to eliminate his remaining signing bonus. It can't happen.
    Ok in other words, you do not have a solution for the upcoming problem that faces this franchise? Thought so.

Adding 3 or 4 extra high picks will help fill these holes.

Because currently having Ben as the team QB has resulted in 11-14 the past year an half. Sure can't be that much worse.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

93.7 The Fan) – Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is frustrated, but not for the reasons that may have been detailed in an NFL Network report. Ben vented to Vinnie & Cook on the #1 Cochran Ben Roethlisberger Show, heard weekly on Sportsradio 93.7 The Fan.

“I’m tired of it. It upsets me,” Roethlisberger says of the NFL Network’s report that he is upset about the team’s direction and will demand a trade at season’s end.

“I have no idea where it came from, and I wish I could find out where it came from because it’s so stinking upsetting. It just fires me up. Where do people make this stuff up from? It’s unbelievable.”

“I look at the Rooneys like they’re family. They’re like grandfathers and fathers to me. I can speak on my behalf, my agent, my family. We have never asked. We’re not going to ask. This is home and this is family. The people of Pittsburgh and the fans, that’s family. That’s why I’m so adamant and upset that this got brought to my attention at the end of the game.”

As for Ben’s emotions at this point in the season, he admits he’s frustrated.

“Of course I’m frustrated. We all should be frustrated. The fans are frustrated. You’re frustrated because of your record, not because of any individual or any coach. I’m frustrated at myself because I’m not playing well,” Roethlisberger said.

Roethlisberger also looks inside his relationship with Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley, bristles at suggestions that the team is rebuilding, and looks ahead to next week’s matchup against Detroit.

Hear the entire interview via podcast below (bottom of page):

[URL]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/11/12/ben-roethlisberger-show-frustrated-by-3-6-unbelievable-trade-reports/[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    93.7 The Fan) – Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is frustrated, but not for the reasons that may have been detailed in an NFL Network report. Ben vented to Vinnie & Cook on the #1 Cochran Ben Roethlisberger Show, heard weekly on Sportsradio 93.7 The Fan.

“I’m tired of it. It upsets me,” Roethlisberger says of the NFL Network’s report that he is upset about the team’s direction and will demand a trade at season’s end.

“I have no idea where it came from, and I wish I could find out where it came from because it’s so stinking upsetting. It just fires me up. Where do people make this stuff up from? It’s unbelievable.”

“I look at the Rooneys like they’re family. They’re like grandfathers and fathers to me. I can speak on my behalf, my agent, my family. We have never asked. We’re not going to ask. This is home and this is family. The people of Pittsburgh and the fans, that’s family. That’s why I’m so adamant and upset that this got brought to my attention at the end of the game.”

As for Ben’s emotions at this point in the season, he admits he’s frustrated.

“Of course I’m frustrated. We all should be frustrated. The fans are frustrated. You’re frustrated because of your record, not because of any individual or any coach. I’m frustrated at myself because I’m not playing well,” Roethlisberger said.

Roethlisberger also looks inside his relationship with Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley, bristles at suggestions that the team is rebuilding, and looks ahead to next week’s matchup against Detroit.

Hear the entire interview via podcast below (bottom of page):

[URL]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/11/12/ben-roethlisberger-show-frustrated-by-3-6-unbelievable-trade-reports/[/URL]
    Ben, he didnt make this up. Did you hear what he said? It came from a Steeler source. You think you're mad now...wait a few more weeks. You're gonna be livid.

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe this is code for B
    en looking for a trade....LOL

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ok in other words, you do not have a solution for the upcoming problem that faces this franchise? Thought so.

Adding 3 or 4 extra high picks will help fill these holes.

Because currently having Ben as the team QB has resulted in 11-14 the past year an half. Sure can't be that much worse.
    You have no viable solution either!! Your solution will not work. It isn't feasible, cap wise...

Cap hell is cap hell. We'll have to suffer for another year...I prefer that price over sacrificing an actual franchise QB...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You have no viable solution either!! Your solution will not work. It isn't feasible, cap wise...

Cap hell is cap hell. We'll have to suffer for another year...I prefer that price over sacrificing an actual franchise QB...
    His contract can be ripped up and re-done for a long term extension that creates cap space. But I do not believe the Steelers want to give him a new long term contract. He is going to be looking for one this off season as he has 2 years left on his current contract.

Flacco and Brady have had this done recently. In fact Flacco was a $14 million dollar hit prior to the new contract he got.

Personally, I believe that this rumor leaked is all about the fact that the Steelers know Ben is going to be looking for a new contract this off season and they do not want to give him what he will be asking for.
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 11-14-2013 at 06:44 PM.