Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In a game of Crowd Control; Steelers 1, Ben Roethlisberger 1!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Does it have any land?
    Lots of land, it is just about 6" below the surface of the water.-
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    So, what happens if they limp into the offseason at 7-9 or even 8-8?
    It will increase our potential of making a terrible decision and convincing ourseleves we don't have to make any radical changes on either side of the ball. Plus we will likely blow our chance at a great draft pick and end up with nothing because we will still be sitting home watching the play offs.

I strongly suspect that the Detroit defense (especially the DL) will destroy our OL so that will be loss #7.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Dub your azz is in never land. The Steelers just don't do certain things. Number 1 is trade away the best QB in the teams history. Will we stink the rest of Ben's career? Maybe. Some here say even with a top 5 pick NO WAY the Steelers trade down so no need to trade away Ben for picks. Will there be 2nd chance for a Dan Marino to pass up in this draft? THE STEELERS FO DOES NOT OVER REACT LIKE FANS DO! It is a money making business for them. I am sure they love to win also but a few down years will never matter to them as much as fans. I just hope Tomlin can do a Cowher type turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Well there is the problem right there. It is unrealistic expectations. Many fans do this. They cannot see the forest through the trees. That is not going to happen.

But regardless ownership/management is not only looking at the final outcome of this year, but last years as well. Also the enormous amount of money they are over the cap for 2014, Ben is going to be 32, their team is void of play makers on both sides of the ball, and far too many holes to fill through their ordinary approach to the draft.

I believe that they now believe the best thing for this organization and the quickest way to turn it around is to get an overwhelming offer for Ben. It is no coincidence they added the part about shopping Ben last year. This was sending a message to the league. What you offered last year wasn't enough. And by doing this now they are helping teams to have time to evaluate this and prepare to make the necessary room.

And it is a lot easier to do that what most think. Here is how it is going to work and go down.

The Steelers and Ben (his agent), are gong to come together and agree that what is in the best interests of both is for a change. And the best way to do so is to re-work a new long term contract for him. One that is cap friendly for the Steelers as well as the team he is going to go to. Back end loaded. It gets them out of cap hell and it gives Ben more money and for more years. And the new then has a franchise QB who has a contract that is easier on the front end which makes them feel more comfortable giving up more in return. They can compensate their loss with the freedom and flexibility they will have for free agency.

Win, win situation for all. And I am sure they will give Ben and his agent an opportunity to seek out the trade themselves at first. Find someone they want to go to. And as long as they are willing to give the Steelers what they want, they will do it. Even this may include a team in their own division. Hmmmmmmmmmmm???
    I see what you're saying and have no idea why you would believe any of that. Do you honestly think the team floated something about trading Ben? I don't. The team has denied it. Ben has denied it. Ben's agent has denied it. No credible source was used. In spite of all that, why would you still believe it? Heck, you've even predicted the teams record for the rest of the year. Perhaps you should be working in Vegas?

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Dub your azz is in never land. The Steelers just don't do certain things. Number 1 is trade away the best QB in the teams history. Will we stink the rest of Ben's career? Maybe. Some here say even with a top 5 pick NO WAY the Steelers trade down so no need to trade away Ben for picks. Will there be 2nd chance for a Dan Marino to pass up in this draft? THE STEELERS FO DOES NOT OVER REACT LIKE FANS DO! It is a money making business for them. I am sure they love to win also but a few down years will never matter to them as much as fans. I just hope Tomlin can do a Cowher type turn around.
    SS Laser, all things equal, the Steelers have never had a season like they are currently in. Look at all the dissension an problems so far. Ben, Haley, Brown, Haley, Ryan Clark's airing out of teams business every chance he gets, worst start to a season in 45 years, most points ever given up in one game by a Steeler defense, the offensive line problems, the running game problems, the poor and questionable play calling, the teams recent draft struggles, and the looming cap problem (worse than it has ever been), and you are expecting the Steelers to handle this situation like they have all others in the past?

Tell me this....when have you ever heard this much being leaked out in the past? And I have news for you, they know something that you and most fans can't accept. They are going to have a few down years with Ben as their QB. And when they get on the other side of that, where will Ben be age wise and health wise?

You say they dont ever trade away a the best QB in the teams history but yet they bring in an offensive coordinator to change his style of play. Ben Roethlisberger is a square peg in Todd Haley's round hole offense. And if you and anyone else do not think that it was a team source who leaked this information, regardless of what the the Steelers are saying today, then it is you who is in never land.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I see what you're saying and have no idea why you would believe any of that. Do you honestly think the team floated something about trading Ben? I don't. The team has denied it. Ben has denied it. Ben's agent has denied it. No credible source was used. In spite of all that, why would you still believe it? Heck, you've even predicted the teams record for the rest of the year. Perhaps you should be working in Vegas?
    Sugar, Ben and his agent have to deny it. Ben still has 7 games left as a Steeler. He still has to deal with Steeler fans, the media, as well as his teammates in the locker room. What would be the talk today if Ben came out and said, yes it is true, I am unhappy with the direction of the Steelers and I think it would be best if we explore the possibilities of a trade?

Think about it.

The credible source?...it is the fact that it was Ian Rappaport who reported. Not that he is a credible guy and all he says is true, but who does he works for? The NFL.

And how funny that it was Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports), who was the one who came out and said this all wasn't true. He debunked a guy who replaced him at the NFL Network. I'd bet anything that it was Ben's camp who did that.

I'll take the word of Ben, his agent, and Rooney, over some unnamed "source" that Ian Rapoport cites.

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I'll take the word of Ben, his agent, and Rooney, over some unnamed "source" that Ian Rapoport cites.
    That's what most fans do. As if their players and their owners are above saying something that isnt true.

In my best fanatical fan voice....

"I'll take their word because they are incapable of distorting the truth and because they have never done that before!!"

Okay, sure.

I think most missed this part about from what Rappaport reported...

I asked a Steelers source would they actually trade their franchise quarterback and the response I got was 'No, unless we could replace him with a franchise quarterback.'"
    That means "yes" they would. And they said it in a way that covers both basis. Steeler FO voice, "No we would never trade him.........unless".

Love it. This is gonna get real good. The offense for the Steelers is going to jump. Gonna be the lead story all off season.