Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If We Win Out

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

9-7 would almost guarantee us a playoff spot if the loss comes against an NFC team (Packers).
    Heck, even 8-8 could bring you in the playoffs this year.
    I am simply not yet convinced that we can go 6-1 or 5-2 from no one. That will be one hellof a r tough ride.
    Beating the Lions could defenetly give us some momentum, though.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Töm87 View Post
    9-7 would almost guarantee us a playoff spot if the loss comes against an NFC team (Packers).
    Heck, even 8-8 could bring you in the playoffs this year.
    I am simply not yet convinced that we can go 6-1 or 5-2 from no one. That will be one hellof a r tough ride.
    Beating the Lions could defenetly give us some momentum, though.
    The Lions are the only team I'm concerned with right now. It will take a lot for this team to beat them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lions are riding high right now. Their Def Line will eat our Off Line for Sunday brunch.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteel View Post
    As fans, how can that hurt the team by looking ahead?
    Obviously, we can't hurt the team. But playing those what-if games, looking that far ahead adds to the pain we suffer in a loss!

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers have a lot of tough games left. Really, as poorly as they have played, there aren't any games that you can mark as a W. The Steelers lost to a Titans team that just lost to Jacksonville, to the Raiders, to the Vikings, etc. They've lost to a lot of really bad teams. I think a 7-9 finish (just out of premium draft pick range) is about the best that can be expected from this team.

Legend

User Info Menu

I want to be the "glass half full" guy, but what in yesterday's game gave any indication this team can rip off 7 games in a row? They beat up on a weak team with a rusty QB. The Lions have a formidable D line and Stafford to Megatron will be hard to stop. There are still 4 games left against hated division rivals - those games are a crap shoot when the Steelers are dominating (and you could argue the Bengals and Browns are better this year). Rodgers may be back with the pack by Dec 22nd which is not good for this D.

A for enthusiasm! F for reality!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This team has to take it week to week. The division is probably out of reach but the team is still only a game and a half back for the last wild card due to a weak AFC. The Lions game is huge for momentum because this teams season will be made or broken in that 4 day stretch against the Browns and Ravens. The team could be 6-6 at that point with 11 days off to work for a Miami team looking like they want to fall apart or they could be 4-8 and playing for draft position. The team can win any of their remaining games and can probably afford one more loss, preferably in Green Bay. 5-1 in the division would take them a long way. If and it's a big if this team could pull this off, no team will want to see them in the P word.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

(Best Jim Mora voice) Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs?

Legend

User Info Menu

Lets see how Richard decides to defend Megatron this week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Lets see how Richard decides to defend Megatron this week.
    30 yard cushion?