Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW, its really starting to unravel

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This has about much chance of happening as all the other rumors that get hyped up in the middle of a season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben may have floated this to send the Rooneys the message that the coaching staff sucks in Pittsburgh and so does the OL.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Backup

User Info Menu

The Steelers are the only franchise that would rather rid themselves of a franchise QB rather than fire the coaching staff and actually build an team around him. It's sad, pathetic, and outdated.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just speculation at this point, no need getting all worked up about it.
    Is anyone else worried about the direction this team is going in?
    Ben is human after all, and to think otherwise is nuts.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Is anyone else worried about the direction this team is going in?
    Yes, everyone on this forum, lol!! But you can't GM, coach, and play as a fan as most here think they can. myself included.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thor my point was
    Why can't Ben express his feeling without being criticised?
    If he didn't question these things i'd think he lost the will to win and compete.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Thor my point was
    Why can't Ben express his feeling without being criticised?
    If he didn't question these things i'd think he lost the will to win and compete.
    I agree, Ben should question what's going on. he is one of the undisputed leaders of this team (in my eyes). He should be pissed about what is going on. IF he is talking trade it should wait until the offseason. Trade deadline is past. IF he is serious about leading this team, then today is the day. He has not shown much to date. As a player, I would need the "pull me out of the car wreck, I'm fine" attitude. Ben's mindset after this season may be different, but the criticism comes with the position. We all know it. I want to see the bravado I'm used to.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

1) I HATE players in Ben's position, who seek to JUMP SHIP, when going gets tough. Back here in LA, Shaq/Kobe were on a tear, winning championships. Kobe helped force Shaq's ouster, and the Lakers predictably suffered. After a couple years there of disappointment, KOBE looked to jump ship. Nobody here ever mentions that; but I haven't forgotten. When the going got tough, he wanted to leave the situation he helped create!

Long story short, I am a Laker fan--but NOT a Kobe fan. In the same way, if this report is true and Ben does ask out, I will not hold him in regard any longer. We, as fans... we don't get to leave whenever we see fit. So why should guys who are paid ridiculously well, to love the team, be given carte blanche to up and leave anytime things get bad.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I agree, Ben should question what's going on. he is one of the undisputed leaders of this team (in my eyes). He should be pissed about what is going on. IF he is talking trade it should wait until the offseason. Trade deadline is past. IF he is serious about leading this team, then today is the day. He has not shown much to date. As a player, I would need the "pull me out of the car wreck, I'm fine" attitude. Ben's mindset after this season may be different, but the criticism comes with the position. We all know it. I want to see the bravado I'm used to.
    I agree whole-heartetley Thor

Legend

User Info Menu

Why would Ben be happy with thr direction of the team?