Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WOW, its really starting to unravel

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    From BigBen7.com

"I'm unhappy with the offense when we don't produce and that's as much on me as anybody. As far as me wanting to go somewhere else or anything like that, I mean that is completely unacceptable, I don't know where that came from. It's one of the most BS stories I've ever heard of! I've always said I want to be a Steeler for life! I love it here, I'm happy here. I don't want to go anywhere. No one in my family, in our camp, agents, no one has ever said anything about that, so wherever this was made up from, it's totally false.

"This is ridiculous! I don't want to go anywhere, I love it here! This is family! This is where I want to be, and where I've always wanted to be. I don't want to play for anyone else..I'm a Pittsburgher. This is home. I'm so proud to raise my kids here. I want to finish my career here, however long that is. I don't want to play for anybody else. This is it for me!" -- Ben, to the media in reference to the rumor he wants to be traded because he is unhappy playing for the Steelers.
    I bet this thread continue for 20 pages even though the rumor has been squashed

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Why would Ben be happy with thr direction of the team?
    Because he's a leader and he contributed to it. he should take it as an individual badge of honor........I am as the team goes... I would expect nothing less from my QB

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Because he's a leader and he contributed to it. he should take it as an individual badge of honor........I am as the team goes... I would expect nothing less from my QB
    yep, Ben chose or had input in: The HC, the OC, OL Coach, RB Coach, WR Coach and the acquisition of the talent that surrounds him. As such, he contributed to it and should gladly be the fall guy for these decisions that "HE" made.
    You're looking for Ben to be a patsy ... "for the good of the team". If you had no choice in your boss, manager, supervisor, co-workers or the direction the owner of your company decided to go in, would you stand up and say "hey, it's partially my fault" when that company went bankrupt?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    yep, Ben chose or had input in: The HC, the OC, OL Coach, RB Coach, WR Coach and the acquisition of the talent that surrounds him. As such, he contributed to it and should gladly be the fall guy for these decisions that "HE" made.
    You're looking for Ben to be a patsy ... "for the good of the team". If you had no choice in your boss, manager, supervisor, co-workers or the direction the owner of your company decided to go in, would you stand up and say "hey, it's partially my fault" when that company went bankrupt?
    I was talking on the field. But I agree the organization's decisions are not his and not his fault.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I was talking on the field. But I agree the organization's decisions are not his and not his fault.
    But, how he plays is well within his control...

Backup

User Info Menu

Agree he could make better decisions at times on the field. However, a lot of that IMO only happens because of the decisions that the organization has made. i.e. at times Ben acts like he feels he has to get it done on his own ... and for the most part, other than contributions from Brown, Cotch and surprisingly Dwyer, it seems like he does have to do most of the heavy lifting on O on his own.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Agree he could make better decisions at times on the field. However, a lot of that IMO only happens because of the decisions that the organization has made. i.e. at times Ben acts like he feels he has to get it done on his own ... and for the most part, other than contributions from Brown, Cotch and surprisingly Dwyer, it seems like he does have to do most of the heavy lifting on O on his own.
    the same could be said for Polamalu imo. my initial point was that the leaders of this team should take responsibility for this team and their individual effort on it. Irregardless of their record or success.

Backup

User Info Menu

the same could be said for Polamalu imo. my initial point was that the leaders of this team should take responsibility for this team and their individual effort on it. Irregardless of their record or success.
    But, see, I think they are doing that. As a matter of fact, I think they are trying to overcompensate for the youth/lack of talent they are surrounded by. That type of play leads to some terrible plays by those guys. One thing Ben always does after he has screwed up is take responsibility for it; sometimes even when it wasn't his fault. That said, there are some times when you just have to take the salt with the sugar when it comes to Ben.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Tried to post the article, but the formatting is jacked up. Anyways, it says they won't trade him without another franchise passer as a replacement; which they obviously do not have. Would you take a blockbuster trade for him and draft McCarron?
    McCarron is rated 2nd-3rd round....If someone like Hundley (IF) dropped to us at #9 (currently at after today's win)...yeah.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    Com'on man!
    i wasn't serious.
    2019 Mock