Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW, its really starting to unravel

Legend

User Info Menu

WOW, its really starting to unravel

NFL AM just had a segment on the steelers where they actually said Ben was not happy with the direction the team is headed and will/may ask for a trade this off season. They said some major changes could be in place for the coaching staff. They also alluded to Ben going to Arizona. When asked if Ben would be traded, the organization said. 'NO, unless we can replace him with another franchiser QB'.

Of course this is all speculation, but it must have enough teeth for it finally to be discussed on an nfl program.

Legend

User Info Menu

Any number of people could get a rumor of this magnitude spread around and put enough leg under it to start the wheels of motion without it being anywhere near the truth. For now, I choose not to believe it, at all......for now.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

they also said the organization shopped ben around last year

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

other big names have been traded or released by various teams. Its just different with the team being the Steelers. It'd be interesting to see if the speculation proves true. I am neither for nor against. Ben has been awesome and I lived thru the Malone, Brister, Stewart years. It really is a TOUGH call. any move will be judged on its return. That we know for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/[/URL] -Ian Rapoport

It's the top headline on NFL.com right now. I said this when the season started so badly, that Ben will end up in Arizona with Bruce. I get the feeling that he doesn't like Tomlin and vice versa. It's a poisonous relationship. Now, given Ben's level of play, is he blowing the season to get out of there? Is he that pissed at the Rooney's at the firing of Arians and the subsequent hiring of Todd Haley?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet Troy and Ben are history next year. Frees up a lot of cap room. But, I'm not convinced this current GM and coaching staff can spend the money wisely on quality replacements.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Dee Dub tells the Steeler Nation "I told ya so" in 3...2...1...
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

it will really be sad if the rooneys keeo a mediocre head coach instead of a franchise qb and one of the top 15 steelers ever to play the game

Legend

User Info Menu

Tried to post the article, but the formatting is jacked up. Anyways, it says they won't trade him without another franchise passer as a replacement; which they obviously do not have. Would you take a blockbuster trade for him and draft McCarron?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Any number of people could get a rumor of this magnitude spread around and put enough leg under it to start the wheels of motion without it being anywhere near the truth. For now, I choose not to believe it, at all......for now.
    I also question the timing.Why would this come out right before game time?