Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Biggest Steelers Loss May Be Off The Field

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Greatest of All-Time
    Ah, the Mohammad Ali of football.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Again, that sounds like our very own QB.

Problem is, his jump balls are incomplete or interceptions.
    Well then, it sounds like the coaches/admin have failed to give him the tall WR he's been asking for ... or even a pass catching stud TE ..You know, kinda like Flacco had last year. But, since you like comparing Ben to Flacco in such an unfavorable way all the time, here's a quiz ... Which current AFCN QB has guided his team to 3 Super Bowl appearances and two wins?

So, yeah, all the bad crap you point out about Ben, (over the top in most cases imho) I'll take that as a fair exchange for the success we have had with him.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Well then, it sounds like the coaches/admin have failed to give him the tall WR he's been asking for ... or even a pass catching stud TE ..You know, kinda like Flacco had last year. But, since you like comparing Ben to Flacco in such an unfavorable way all the time, here's a quiz ... Which current AFCN QB has guided his team to 3 Super Bowl appearances and two wins?

So, yeah, all the bad crap you point out about Ben, (over the top in most cases imho) I'll take that as a fair exchange for the success we have had with him.
    I would rather have Ben as my QB and I never said otherwise.

My point is that there are a few posts that "knock" Flacco for things that Ben has had a long history of doing himself. It's homerism at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I would rather have Ben as my QB and I never said otherwise.

My point is that there are a few posts that "knock" Flacco for things that Ben has had a long history of doing himself. It's homerism at it's finest.
    Ok, I can agree with that ... and I can cop to some of that homerism ... I mean, Ben may be a jump ball throwing interception machine at times ... but, he's our 2 time Super Bowl winning jump ball throwing interception machine

Besides, they were one inept Chargers tackle of Ray Rice on 4th and 29 away from not making the playoffs.

On which Rice picked up only 28 1/2 yards if you go back and rewatch that play.

And on that Moore blunder, while Moore was obviously at fault, the fact is that Flacco just outhrew his coverage. It speaks to the howitzer strapped to his shoulder. Versus 95% of the league, Moore is in position to make the play. He just didn't anticipate Flacco arm + the Mile High air, and the effect that had on that pass.

And Flacco's throw in Denver was only 55 yards (in the thin air of Denver no less) the rest was YAC by Jones, and I think Jacoby Jones even had to break stride a little to wait on the ball. Let's not give Flacco more credit than is due. That was a blunder (gift) on the part of Moore, who should be used to playing in the thin air of Dennver.

I think of Ben's ints coming more from misjudging the defense (or defenders) and not because he throws jump balls. Sometimes he cant step into the throw (like the one in NE) cause a defender is in his face though or like the one in the SB vs GB.

Maybe our offense should be a little more like Baltimore's, which is, chuck the ball deep a lot and hope for PI calls or that one of your guys can run under it. Unfortunately none of our WRs show the same fight for the ball that Smith and Bolden have.

No jump balls? Really? Have you been watching the games this year? Ben has thrown passes to the sidelines that anyone could do. He'll drop back and heave one in the air that looks like he threw it with his eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Kiko Alonso appears to be quite a find.
    Definitely the front runner for defensive ROY imo. Getting back to the thread though, (I could care less on the BB vs Flacid comparisons, its just not close mentally) Kevin Colbert has seemed to have lost a step. He's like Ryan Clark. He is the general manager......period. If key cogs in his system are lost to other teams then he should find suitable replacements. I do not think he has performed this part of the job.