Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Steelers Loss May Be Off The Field

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    sounds like our very own qb
    ^Sounds like one of the people that wanted Bradshaw gone, then complained endlessly about how the Steelers need a franchise QB and realized how great he was afterward.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Go back and watch last year's playoffs in which Flacco "established himself" with such exceptional play. See how many awful throws became lucky completions due to great plays by his receivers (mostly the since departed Anquan Boldin) or sheer incompetency by defensive players (especially the elite Champ Bailey). I'm not talking about close plays that were just out of the reach of defenders, because that is skill. I'm talking about balls heaved up in the air for anyone to get, defenders dropping balls like the went to the Ike Taylor School of Soft Hands, a safety on Denver gift wrapping a long TD out of an easy int. It happened all playoffs long for him. The greatest thing to come out of the Ravens SB is going to be that they tied themselves to this average QB for a long, big money deal.
    Spot on. Flacco was heaving up some jump balls and the Ravens receivers were coming down with them or pleading for pass interference which they go more often than not.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So then you all think Manuel is on even playing field or better than Flacco? LOL.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    And you are free to do so. However, statistically speaking, over the course of his career, he has been a middle of the road QB. Doesn't mean his "team" hasn't won with him, and I respect that more than talk of "elite" or not.
    I don't think of Flacco as "elite", but he optimized his opportunity last year at the right time of year when he had two bully WR's, especially Boldin. Boldin made Flacco's year last year. Besides, they were one inept Chargers tackle of Ray Rice on 4th and 29 away from not making the playoffs.

What will be the next "word" the talking heads use when the word "elite" becomes overused and diluted on players like Flacco ???

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    So then you all think Manuel is on even playing field or better than Flacco? LOL.
    Not yet .. he hasn't played enough ... Needs to show he can stay on the field. That said, it's interesting to note that in his limited playing time, their completion percentages are close (59.4 Flacco/56.7 Manuel) as are their ratings (79.3 Flacco/79.4 Manuel). I realize that this is subject to change as Manuel gets more time to make rookie mistakes, but that's where they stand as of now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We can all agree that Flacco won the lottery. As said, without that ridiculous 4th & 29, or Rahim Moore's historic misplay... they don't even get there. In saying that, let's give credit to Flacco. He still did have a great postseason run. And on that Moore blunder, while Moore was obviously at fault, the fact is that Flacco just outhrew his coverage. It speaks to the howitzer strapped to his shoulder. Versus 95% of the league, Moore is in position to make the play. He just didn't anticipate Flacco arm + the Mile High air, and the effect that had on that pass.

Legend

User Info Menu

Flacco was also a dropped TD from a SB a year earlier... he isn't elite but he damn sure is above average IMO.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I don't think of Flacco as "elite", but he optimized his opportunity last year at the right time of year when he had two bully WR's, especially Boldin. Boldin made Flacco's year last year. Besides, they were one inept Chargers tackle of Ray Rice on 4th and 29 away from not making the playoffs.

What will be the next "word" the talking heads use when the word "elite" becomes overused and diluted on players like Flacco ???
    Greatest of All-Time
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    Spot on. Flacco was heaving up some jump balls and the Ravens receivers were coming down with them or pleading for pass interference which they go more often than not.
    Again, that sounds like our very own QB.

Problem is, his jump balls are incomplete or interceptions.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why this has turned into a Bert and Ernie evaluation is beyond me, but maybe the team of Colbert and Whaley were necessary for total player success. Maybe that's why the Bills haven't taken flight and why we've been grounded. But really, can anyone evaluate players for a living and be successful with it 70% of the picks every year? I say 70% because I believe that is the number you'd need to field a SB caliber team every year. You lose way too many good players in FA, ( which exposes a lot of players as above average and not great. ) due to injury, or retirement to be less successful in the draft. If you live and die by the draft like we do, you have to be right every year at a high rate in the draft.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S