Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: If the Dolphins cut Jonathan Martin, would you consider claiming him on waivers?

Legend

User Info Menu

If J Martin was absolutely dominant on the field do you really believe this situation would exist? Wouldn't a franchise do everything in its power to keep a "shut-down" LT happy and on the field?

Now, a case could be made that J Martin was so distracted by RI that it affected his performance. In which case, I am not sure that is the kind of guy that could be made dominant elsewhere.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If J Martin was absolutely dominant on the field do you really believe this situation would exist? Wouldn't a franchise do everything in its power to keep a "shut-down" LT happy and on the field?

Now, a case could be made that J Martin was so distracted by RI that it affected his performance. In which case, I am not sure that is the kind of guy that could be made dominant elsewhere.
    I see your point. We all want the Faneca types along the off. line (beard, beers, and biceps). damn right give me some Viking who wants to rip your spine out. but other types can be effective. Starks is a good example. I'm just saying some dudes need mental coaching as well as physical. Do we have that culture here is the question.

Legend

User Info Menu

But now that a Defense knows that when he gets his feelings hurt he quits and goes home they won't let up on him.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

This team needs a ton of picks, FAs, castoffs, etc before we're gonna get better. I'd gladly give up Whimper's spot to give the kid a looksee for the rest of this season. It couldn't hurt.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Again, if any of you were subjected to similar treatment by a coworker, you would be in HR lickety split...or in a lawyer's office...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I know Stanford is in Cali and that state gets a bad rep, still I say its worth an interview. what is the harm in that?

Legend

User Info Menu

Absolutely not. And it has nothing to do with the current situation. He sucks. He's ranked the 60th tackle in football and has been nothing but a disappointment in his short career. Why the hell would anyone want to add yet another incompetent o-lineman?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Absolutely not. And it has nothing to do with the current situation. He sucks. He's ranked the 60th tackle in football and has been nothing but a disappointment in his short career. Why the hell would anyone want to add yet another incompetent o-lineman?
    Birds of a feather...

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

Perhaps he wouldn't be so incompetent if the coaches weren't goading on a psychopath to "toughen him up"....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    If this was Jake Long of a few years ago, the conversation would be different. But Martin's play is simply not worth the headache.

It's also telling that none of his teammates have come to his defense. None.