Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is TE Our Biggest Offensive Problem?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Yea, he also is the #2 TE with most targets going to Jermaine Gresham. With us he probably would have gotten targeted more because Heath was out for an extended period of time. However, his 3 catches per game is still light years ahead of the production we have gotten out of J. Jones plus Eifert would have been ready to step in when an aging Heath Miller moves on.
    Whoever we draft at TE to replace Heath will step right in...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Yea, he also is the #2 TE with most TE targets going to Jermaine Gresham...one of the best young TEs in the NFL.

With us he probably would have gotten targeted more because Heath was out for an extended period of time. However, his 3 catches per game is still light years ahead of the production we have gotten out of J. Jones plus Eifert would have been in the system and ready to step in when an aging Heath Miller moves on.

But hey, we gave LeBeau another toy to put on the shelf and look at for the season.
    So, what I am reading is you are willing to see reasons for Eiferts lack of production...but are unwilling or unable to grant Jones that same grace? They are both rookies with limited roles.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I pretty much agree except if it came down to a TE or a LT, I would most likely prefer an actual LT. Then cross all my fingers and toes that he does not get injured and/or put on IR.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    So, what I am reading is you are willing to see reasons for Eiferts lack of production...but are unwilling or unable to grant Jones that same grace? They are both rookies with limited roles.
    Basically..., and they talked about Eifert like he was instant offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    They are, and as we learned from, among others, "Bustamalu", it is insanely premature to evaluate a player based on a handful of games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Heath is coming off of a major knee injury and will needed at least half of this season to get back up to game form. Unfortunately he isn't a 24 y/o Gronkowski, but a 31 y/o veteran that will need time to get back up to speed. He should be showing up from here on out and once again the TE position will be secure.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Inconsistent play from the QB is the biggest offense issue. It's the big elephant in the room and it's been that way for years.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Jesus... The Eifert man crush is back in action.

But to answer the topic at hand.... no, TE isn't the problem. With that being said, I want a tall athletic TE or WR in the 2014 draft.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.