Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any free agents that could help this team?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I don't think it is effort with the older guys. I think it's ability. Clark has lost a step or two this year. Seen it before, where guys hit a wall where they go from being able to contribute to being a liabilty.
    Depends what you consider effort. After all, he has spent the past couple at least off-seasons making the rounds as a TV analyst. As they say, the moment you (as a pro athlete) start preparing for retirement, you're already there.

As for Golden, I don't know how much of a future a guy has who got trucked by a sleepy-eyed pu$s like Jay Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Depends what you consider effort. After all, he has spent the past couple at least off-seasons making the rounds as a TV analyst. As they say, the moment you (as a pro athlete) start preparing for retirement, you're already there.

As for Golden, I don't know how much of a future a guy has who got trucked by a sleepy-eyed pu$s like Jay Cutler.
    Your really going to say he has no future based on that one play? I hope your joking.

He must not be that much of a pu$$ because he's returning after one week from a torn groin muscle. Groin pulls are painful as hell so I can only imagine what a torn one feels like. I'm not sure how he's going to play.

Would say the same thing if it happened to a young Deion Sanders? He was the poorest excuse for a tackler that I've ever seen and I'm pretty sure ANYBODY could truck him let alone Jay Cutler. Would you instantly say he had no future? What a big mistake that would've been.

Point being, I'm not trying to say that he's a future Deion. I'm simply saying that I'm not going to give up on the guy because Jay Cutler lowered his pads and leverage won that battle over Golden.