Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sunday's game is the perfect example of why we should draft a....

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    trust me.. we needed him this year. It's great that Williams is getting experience but I would prefer it if he beat out Foote instead of being thrust into the fire.
    Also, Foote is a leader on this D. It wasn't needed from him so much when he lined up beside Farrior, and played with guys like Smith and Harrison, but I believe that the best we have for leadership today are Clark and Foote, and I don't see Clark coming back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    trust me.. we needed him this year. It's great that Williams is getting experience but I would prefer it if he beat out Foote instead of being thrust into the fire.
    nahhh i dont trust you

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    nahhh i dont trust you
    I wonder why.... lol

Pro Bowler

Bam!

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    15 OT taken in the top 10 since 2003. 6 of them are pro bowl guys. The other 9 are Eric Fisher, Luke Joeckel and Lane Johnson who are rookies so who knows on them. The remaining are Robert Gallery, Tyron Smith - LT, Eugene Monroe - LT, Andre Smith - RT, Jason Smith, and Levi Brown.

Take out the 3 unknown rookies and 8 of the 12 are high quality Left Tackles in the league.
    Excellent post... basically highlighting that taking a LT high is the surest thing you can do with the pick. I also agree with you that Matthews is the best candidate. Coupling a high-achieving guy like him with Decastro will make our line GREAT someday. If he is gone (and we are at the #10 or near), I would like at Louis Nix III. I think he brings versatility, being an ideal 3-4 Nose, or being able to play in an even front.