Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sunday's game is the perfect example of why we should draft a....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Maybe our scouting department sucks?? Drafting two Rd-2 RT to play LT?? Or maybe OL coach can't develop talent?
    my thoughts exactly. who cares where we draft if tomlins handpicked OL coach cant develop them

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not seeing any Top 5 or Top 10 CB talent in this draft. This draft looks pretty stron in the 2-3 range though. IF the Steelers want one...I would say that would the target range.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Thats nuts. DeCastro was terrible last year? You mean the year his knee blew up during preseason? Wow. He's playing EXCELLENT football this year in what is essentially his rookie season. These guys tend to agree with me.

[url]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/06/2013-midseason-all-division-team-afc-north/[/url]

[URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/10/pro-football-focus-ranks-david-decastro-third-overall-among-guards/[/URL]
    What I remember DeCastro for in his short career.....Him personally losing the Bengals game late in the year and him taking out our best off lineman in Pouncey.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    ....S. Thomas didn't look the part, our secondary got shredded. Polamalu takes to many chances and has maybe 1 good year left.
    I dont think this is fair to Shamarko Thomas. He is playing out of position. He is not a free safety. He is a strong safety. His strengths are playing in the box or near the LOS. Problem is, that position is occupied by Polamalu.

Clark ditto.
    Well..I have been saying this about Clark for years. If you are going to use Polamalu like the Steelers do, then you need a pure cover safety at the free spot.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

What I remember DeCastro for in his short career.....Him personally losing the Bengals game late in the year and him taking out our best off lineman in Pouncey.
    Since taking out Pouncey, DeCastro has been our best OL this season, IMO (Velasco is right there with him).

Legend

User Info Menu

If there is a better player available then the best available CB when the Steelers draft then they should draft the best available player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Since taking out Pouncey, DeCastro has been our best OL this season, IMO (Velasco is right there with him).
    Call me crazy again, but I think Foster's our best OLineman right now. And not just because of injuries. He's actually playing good. I've been watching him a little more since I saw him handling Ngata 1 on 1 against the Ravens and he's very consistent. I still think he's built like a T and would make the best RT out of any of the guys we have on the roster right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers dont need more young OL to add to the group. They might need a couple of experienced guys though.

WR would make the OL look better.

Not sure if a big play WR is a bigger need than a NT at this point though. Teams are running at will against the Steelers & there is little to no penetration from McLendon in the passing game. the 3-4 Zone Blitz needs a dominant NT. It'll make the DE's look better, the OLB's look better & the ILB's look better.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Nate Wiggins CB
    2. Ricky Pearsall WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    why do we need to draft a top 10 tackle but other teams find guys in later rounds?

you'll always find players that slip and pan out for teams. but LT is a premium position. its not a coincidence that you see 4-5 drafted in the 1st round every year

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I dont think this is fair to Shamarko Thomas. He is playing out of position. He is not a free safety. He is a strong safety. His strengths are playing in the box or near the LOS. Problem is, that position is occupied by Polamalu.

Well..I have been saying this about Clark for years. If you are going to use Polamalu like the Steelers do, then you need a pure cover safety at the free spot.
    Does Polamalu have any potential to switch positions, to be more of a centerfielder? He still has good speed for a Safety (though not the elite burst he once had). He likes to read the QB. I do remember back in his younger days (i.e. 2005-6 ish), he played back off the LoS often, for a very good defense at the time. Because as you and others have said, the current mix (Clark backing his freelancing a$s up) isn't working anymore. And Shark back there isn't gonna either. But if Shark could be more at the LoS (at his natural position), and an older Troy could transition to FS like great DBs often have (Rod Woodson, Charles Woodson), it might make us better back there. Clark stinks.

As to this thread, there are just so many appealing LT prospects, and given our lacking there, it is too hard to pass up. If we do slide out of the Top 10 though by some minor miracle, one name I'm very interested in in that range is Louis Nix III.

I was down on Nix, after ND got manhandled by Bama last year (ran through, over, and around them all night). However, in watching breakdowns of that game, Nix was not the reason why. Nix manhandled Barrett Jones at will all night. He also gave Warmack problems, pushing him around some. And Nix was hustling all over the field, giving excellent effort. I think he would be a GREAT pick somewhere in the teens.