Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown was benched Sunday, but will start this week

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

and with Wallace we are what 4-5? probably 2-7. I'm not happy with many on the roster. I just think the team is better off with Brown than Wallace.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

brown is playing extremely well, one of just a few.

I'm just sick of hearing his numbers touted when the team sucks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

we all know the team sucks.. I just don't believe Brown's "benching" was due to his lack of effort. he probably said something in frustration to his coaches that he shouldn't have. Yes I am speculating. I also believe it was for the betterment of the team, or he wouldn't have spoke up. Tomlin is reaching for straws on a team he seems to have lost. or in mock support of a coaching staff he is at odds with to please the FO. Hence the benching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    brown is playing extremely well, one of just a few.

I'm just sick of hearing his numbers touted when the team sucks.
    A top 5 WR will always get praise regardless of the team record.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    we all know the team sucks.. I just don't believe Brown's "benching" was due to his lack of effort. he probably said something in frustration to his coaches that he shouldn't have. Yes I am speculating. I also believe it was for the betterment of the team, or he wouldn't have spoke up. Tomlin is reaching for straws on a team he seems to have lost. or in mock support of a coaching staff he is at odds with to please the FO. Hence the benching.
    Benching a player with 3 minuted to go in a blowout isn't that serious IMO. There were bigger problems last week than Brown's mistake.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    good grief. Enough with the excuses.

brown was benched for not being on his details, or however tomlin put it. It wasn't for excessive cheerleading on the sidelines.

you guys are ridiculous

Rookie

User Info Menu

He's one of the few bright spots on this team right now...if people on the board want to give him props, deal with it...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

good grief. Enough with the excuses.

brown was benched for not being on his details, or however tomlin put it. It wasn't for excessive cheerleading on the sidelines.

you guys are ridiculous
    who would you like to see as our starting wide receivers? lets go three wide, please enlighten us.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't even know what the hell you are talking about. Where did I say brown shouldn't start dummy?

I only responded to you because you made a dumb comment about the time and effort brown puts in, in a thread about him being benched for not putting in time and effort, no less. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't even know what the hell you are talking about. Where did I say brown shouldn't start dummy?

I only responded to you because you made a dumb comment about the time and effort brown puts in, in a thread about him being benched for not putting in time and effort, no less. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
    If it is a thread about him putting in time and effort, why would I not comment on it... dumbass.