Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown was benched Sunday, but will start this week

Legend
    Wallace was always a one trick pony... dude is fast but he has horrible technique and doesn't fight for the ball. I've watched a few Miami games and he is an after thought in their offense...

Ben extending plays will make any fast WR with decent size look amazing. Nate Washington got PAID as well.. and he also didn't live up to his contract once he left. We can find another Wallace/Washington in the draft the only problem is our new OC probably won't use him correctly.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Hopefully Wallace doesn't screw up too bad and cost us our third round Comp Pick in the draft. Isn't that based on a combination of where the player was originally drafted and performance?
    I'd be interested to know this too. Hadn't really thought there was any possibility we'd get less than a 3rd because of the size of his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Hopefully Wallace doesn't screw up too bad and cost us our third round Comp Pick in the draft. Isn't that based on a combination of where the player was originally drafted and performance?
    I believe it is based on size of contract and performance. I don't know that his original draft position has anything to do with it, but there is no formula so who knows???

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Wallace was always a one trick pony... dude is fast but he has horrible technique and doesn't fight for the ball. I've watched a few Miami games and he is an after thought in their offense...

Ben extending plays will make any fast WR with decent size look amazing. Nate Washington got PAID as well.. and he also didn't live up to his contract once he left. We can find another Wallace/Washington in the draft the only problem is our new OC probably won't use him correctly.
    I would have to disagree with you about Nate. I think he far exceeded his contract with the Titans. He wasn't paid as a #1 receiver but he has performed very well for them ... especially given their QB situation.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I would have to disagree with you about Nate. I think he far exceeded his contract with the Titans. He wasn't paid as a #1 receiver but he has performed very well for them ... especially given their QB situation.
    I won't argue with that.. I have no idea what his contract numbers were and assumed it was high since we didn't keep him.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I don't think that the two situations are similar at all. Wallace dogged it the entire year last season after coming in late. The lack of effort was visible every game, and it was only on the rare occasion that you saw any effort, and that would usually only occur when he had a chance to run free - like with his catch in Tenn. Wallace came out and told everybody that he routinely checks out in games where he is not being fed the ball.

AB leads the league in receptions this year and is 12th in YPG. He has played good football. If he isn't earning his paycheck this year, he is at least in the same neighborhood. He ran the wrong route with three and a half minutes to go in a 17 point game. This is not a good thing, but can't be compared to playing with nothing for an entire season, if not longer as many were suggesting prior to last year.

But when it comes to a Wallace/Brown comparison since they both got paid, take a look at this...

Player Rec yards Avg YPG long TD

Brown 61 701 11.5 87.6 45 3
    Wallace 36 480 13.3 60.0 49 1

Pretty one sided, we might be better of comparing Wallace to our number 2, who most people wanted in New England in return for a third rounder...

Sanders 37 494 13.4 61.8 55T 2

Wallace's numbers are strikingly similar to a guy who is an afterthought here. Wallace has already complained about not getting the ball enough this year. A headache that we just don't need.

wallce numbers thru his first 3 years earned him a much bigger contract then he received. and you can say the opposite about AB when we extended him.
    do you know anyone in that situation that wouldnt sulk?

as far as sanders/wally number this year?? pretty tough to compare numbers on guys on 2 different teams.
    look at the QBs throwing to each. look at how much we've had to pass because we were down big in games

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    wallce numbers thru his first 3 years earned him a much bigger contract then he received. and you can say the opposite about AB when we extended him.
    do you know anyone in that situation that wouldnt sulk?

as far as sanders/wally number this year?? pretty tough to compare numbers on guys on 2 different teams.
    look at the QBs throwing to each. look at how much we've had to pass because we were down big in games
    The Dolphs were probably counting on Incognito to toughen Wally up

seems like the AB fanboys would rather criticize wallace instead of talking about their star being benched.

I'm shocked, I tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Wow. I never thought Manny would have better numbers than Wally. That part's crazy when you think about it.
    That's the difference between playing with a potential HOF quarterback and a guy that might not be a starter on 80% of the teams in the NFL.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Before we all go off comparing Wallace & Brown's numbers- ask yourself this-

When Wallace was happy as a Steeler, how successful were the Steelers?

When Wallace was unhappy as a Steeler/ signed by Miami- how successful were/are the Steelers?

Chadman's argument all along was that when happy, Wallace made the Steelers better. And his production, when happy, exceeded Brown's.

When Wallace wanted extra money to what the Steelers offered, instead of securing their best weapon, they got childish & overspent on Brown.

Has Brown been successful? Yes. But he still could have & certainly SHOULD have been signed for less.

Without Wallace this offense has regressed.

Forget the personal stats & look at the results.

How has Miami's Offense gone with Wallace?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00