The guard’s back won’t hold him back, and the wide receiver is a “maybe” for Cleveland. So said guard David DeCastro and wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders after practice today.

“It’s still 50-50,” Sanders said. “Right now I’m still questionable.”

“I’m good, good to go, feeling good,” DeCastro said. “I’m ready to play.”

Sanders injured a knee in the win over the Packers, and he had not been able to practice until today, when he was a limited participant. Jason Worilds sustained an abdominal injury in the win over the Packers, but he was able to return and finish the game. His first practice was today, during which he was a limited participant. DeCastro (back) did not participate on Thursday but was a full participant today.

“I want to go out and play,” Sanders said. “I’ve always played through injuries no matter what. If it’s ready to go, then I’m going to test it out. I’m not going to hold anything back. And that’s always been my mentality.

“Hopefully, I’ll be out there on Sunday. I practiced today and the pain was, you know, bearable. We’ll see what happens tomorrow. We’ll see how it feels after practicing. Hopefully, I didn’t make it worse.”

In order for Sunday’s game against the Browns to be something other than a finale, the Steelers need to win, and then have Baltimore lose at Cincinnati, Miami lose to the New York Jets and San Diego lose to Kansas City. If all of that happens, the Steelers will be an AFC Wild Card team with a playoff game on Jan. 4-5.

“I hope all the teams go out and do what we need them to do and we have to take care of business at Heinz Field,” Sanders said. “We’re playing some really good football. I just feel like if we can get in those playoffs, who knows what might happen?”

And after that?

“You never know,” Sanders said. “I live in the moment. I live for today and I live for tomorrow. What happens in the offseason happens, but I always wish nothing but the best for everyone. No matter what happens, what occurs, I hope everyone gets put in the best situation they can be in.”

STATUS REPORT FOR SUNDAY:
Out: ILB Terence Garvin (knee)
Questionable: WR Emmanuel Sanders (knee), OLB Jason Worilds (abdomen)
Probable: G David DeCastro (back), OLB Jarvis Jones (illness), DE Brett Keisel (foot), TE Heath Miller (not injury related), SS Troy Polamalu (not injury related), WR Markus Wheaton (finger)

[url]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Sanders-Worilds-both-questionable/036281dd-2ddd-4b8a-9f78-20dabd0b55ea[/url]