Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone who thinks Tomlin or Colbert are going anywhere

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    It's rational but its not going to solve anything. There are those that could fix this team in 1 or 2 years max and those that need us to lose at an embarassing level for 3+ years in order to see the picture. It's clear who knows how to fix this problem sooner rather than later.
    Serious questions. "Who" are "those" that can be irrational while fixing this team in 1 or 2 years? And, assuming they are not on the current staff/front office, who do you propose to "retire" other than Tomlin?

Edit: I meant other than Tomlin; whom we can assume you want "retired" a.s.a.p.
    Last edited by SteelBuckeye; 11-05-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Serious questions. "Who" are "those" that can be irrational while fixing this team in 1 or 2 years? And, assuming they are not on the current staff/front office, who do you propose to "retire" other than Tomlin?

Edit: I meant other than Tomlin; whom we can assume you want "retired" a.s.a.p.
    he's just ranting...

Backup

User Info Menu

Well I see Kaboly has an interesting tidbit in his blog at the trib. Seems Charlie Batch agrees with those of us who believe Haley (and his "it's my ball and you can't play with it" mentality) are holding Ben back as far as using the wildly successful no huddle offense.

Is it ok to post links to the Trib here? if so: [url]http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2013/11/05/kaboly-haley-holding-ben-back-in-no-huddle-someone-thinks-so/#.UnknQB-ldS0.twitter[/url]

If it's not ok, let me know and I'll take it down.

In any event, when a Coordinator's ego is so fragile that it keeps him from implementing a scheme that works and uses his player's best talents .... seems to me that's a heckuva problem. Might not be a talent issue, but rather Haley's smarts that are holding this Offense back.
    Last edited by SteelBuckeye; 11-05-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    is delusional to say the least. I would however like to see LeBeau retire and the Steeler's go to a 4-3. I think Haley is 50/50 to return I think they need to win 7 games for him to save his job. This is what I would like to see the roster look like next year for a quick turn around. I don't believe we need to blow it up

Gone- Clark, Cotchery,Keisel,Hood,Foote

RDE-Jarvis Jones, Jason Worilds
    DT-Cam Heyward, Al Woods
    DT-Steve McClendon, Nick Williams
    LDE-Lamar Woodley, Chaz Sutton (7th rd South Carolina)
    ROLB-Morgan Breslin (2nd round USC), Terrence Garvin
    MLB-Vince Williams,Sean Spence
    LOLB-Lawrence Timmons, ????
    CB-Ike Taylor, Aaron Colvin (3rd round Oklahoma)
    CB-Cortez Allen, William Gay
    FS-Shamarko Thomas, Robert Golden
    SS-Troy Polamalu, Kenny Ladler (4th rd Vandy)

QB-Ben, Grad, Jones
    RB-Leveon Bell,James Wilder Jr. (4th rd FSU), Dwyer
    FB-Will Johnson
    WR-Antonio, Manny, Wheaton, Moye, Justin Brown
    TE-Heath Miller,Colt Lyerla (6th rd Oregon)
    LT-Cam Erving (1st rd FSU),Marcus Gilbert
    LG-Maurkice Pouncey,Ramon Foster
    C-Fernando Velasco, Gabe Ikard (5th round Oklahoma)
    RG-David DeCastro, Nik Embernate
    RT-Kelvin Beachum,Mike Adams
    I agree with some of your roster.
    I keep Valasco but move him to guard. You don't move an All Pro just because the new guy looks like the best of the bunch, especialy when that bunch is bad. I haven't seen enough of the Tackle from FSU, so I'm not going to comment on him, and saying this isn't a knock on him. I like the Tackle from Michigan. Seems like a mean SOB and is talented.
    If we move to a 4-3, I'd keep Hood and dump Mclendon and Fangupo would be my other DT. I'd put Heyward at end and Jones would be my OLB. Timmons would stay in the middle.

But we're not moving to a 4-3, so I'm not going to concentrate too hard on what I'd do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Well I see Kaboly has an interesting tidbit in his blog at the trib. Seems Charlie Batch agrees with those of us who believe Haley (and his "it's my ball and you can't play with it" mentality) are holding Ben back as far as using the wildly successful no huddle offense.

Is it ok to post links to the Trib here? if so: [URL]http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2013/11/05/kaboly-haley-holding-ben-back-in-no-huddle-someone-thinks-so/#.UnknQB-ldS0.twitter[/URL]

If it's not ok, let me know and I'll take it down.

In any event, when a Coordinator's ego is so fragile that it keeps him from implementing a scheme that works and uses his player's best talents .... seems to me that's a heckuva problem. Might not be a talent issue, but rather Haley's smarts that are holding this Offense back.
    No reason Haley and Ben can't mess with one another the whole game if they want. Ben could just go no huddle and ignore Haley. And Haley could mess with Ben by sending out weird personnel. Wait, Haley already does that all the time. Maybe it's time for Ben to start doing his own thing.

It really wasn't any different with BA.

The one reason you can sometimes change the pace and make it work is you might be a little less predictable when you switch things up. Sometimes the QB on the field can see things. Other times the OC can see things. So I can see the benefit in passing the play calling back and forth. Although, Haley's still always predictable. I'm pretty convinced, if it's a bubble screen or draw, Haley called it. Otherwise Ben called it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    he's just ranting...
    Don't speak for me....

Head Coach:
    Old Timers: Cowher or Gruden as possibilities.
    College Ranks: For some reason, I'm intrigued by Urban Myer and I completely dislike OSU. A lot of options to consider in college though.
    Coordinators: Potentially the Seahawks on both sides of the ball.

DC: Butler - It's already his.
    OC: HC's decision to keep Haley or hire his own.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

is delusional to say the least. I would however like to see LeBeau retire and the Steeler's go to a 4-3. I think Haley is 50/50 to return I think they need to win 7 games for him to save his job. This is what I would like to see the roster look like next year for a quick turn around. I don't believe we need to blow it up

Gone- Clark, Cotchery,Keisel,Hood,Foote

RDE-Jarvis Jones, Jason Worilds
    DT-Cam Heyward, Al Woods
    DT-Steve McClendon, Nick Williams
    LDE-Lamar Woodley, Chaz Sutton (7th rd South Carolina)
    ROLB-Morgan Breslin (2nd round USC), Terrence Garvin
    MLB-Vince Williams,Sean Spence
    LOLB-Lawrence Timmons, ????
    CB-Ike Taylor, Aaron Colvin (3rd round Oklahoma)
    CB-Cortez Allen, William Gay
    FS-Shamarko Thomas, Robert Golden
    SS-Troy Polamalu, Kenny Ladler (4th rd Vandy)

QB-Ben, Grad, Jones
    RB-Leveon Bell,James Wilder Jr. (4th rd FSU), Dwyer
    FB-Will Johnson
    WR-Antonio, Manny, Wheaton, Moye, Justin Brown
    TE-Heath Miller,Colt Lyerla (6th rd Oregon)
    LT-Cam Erving (1st rd FSU),Marcus Gilbert
    LG-Maurkice Pouncey,Ramon Foster
    C-Fernando Velasco, Gabe Ikard (5th round Oklahoma)
    RG-David DeCastro, Nik Embernate
    RT-Kelvin Beachum,Mike Adams
    Wait a minute you think the Steelers can get a quick turn around by adding Cam Erving at LT, Morgan Breslin at OLB, and inserting Cortez Allen as a starter a CB, and Shamarko Thomas as a starter at FS?

Sorry SKL, I think that is delusional.

And then you go on and suggest the Steelers should draft a train wreck like Colt Lyerla? A guy who got arrested for having cocaine (actually was caught in the act of doing cocaine), in his procession? And three weeks prior to that he walked out on his team and basically quit?

Yeah that reality.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Administrator

User Info Menu

Sharmarko Thomas at FS is just about as bad has having him cover Gronkowski in the endzone. Oh wait... that already happened. Talk about a mismatch. Why in the hell would you have a midget covering Gronkowski? Why in the hell would you have a midget playing FS. It's just dumb but then again.... that is the trend of this team.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The kid is being asked to grasp an incredibly complex D (which is where his "problems with assignments" arise). All he had to do in college is go get the QB. Rarely does an OLB come in and contribute in all phases and packages in this league. He is being asked to play a majority of the snaps because of his talent and ability to cause chaos. However he is experiencing paralyzation by analyzation . Turn him lose and let him do what he does best. Let him learn the nuances over time.
    I do not believe this current 3-4 is all that much more complexed than the one he played at for Georgia. This is a total misconception. And the solution to then ask him in year 2 of his pro career to then change position and learn a new defense is not much of one at all.

Georgia's D-coordinator Todd Grantham runs nearly the same one he learned under Nick Saban.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Don't speak for me....

Head Coach:
    Old Timers: Cowher or Gruden as possibilities.
    College Ranks: For some reason, I'm intrigued by Urban Myer and I completely dislike OSU. A lot of options to consider in college though.
    Coordinators: Potentially the Seahawks on both sides of the ball.

DC: Butler - It's already his.
    OC: HC's decision to keep Haley or hire his own.
    No way would I want Gruden. Look at the teams he coached after he left. He may be the worst personnel coach I've seen.