Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone who thinks Tomlin or Colbert are going anywhere

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Comical? Really? I have proven on this forum many times that the 3-4 that Nick Saban runs is just a complex as that of LeBeau's. And when you use the term "comparable" and insinuate that a college 3-4 can never be comparable to that of the one the Steelers run shows me a lot about you and your knowledge of the game. News Flash!! Every 3-4 is comparable. There is only so many things you can do with them. Variations? Of course. But they are all comparable.

I never suggested that the Steelers should draft Rahim Moore or Matt Barkley with a first round pick. What I said was, they were both 1st round talents in my opinion. But this is you again saying stuff that I never said. That is who you are.

Say what you want about me, I have enough integrity to never personally attack another here, or misquote them.

Last time I checked Jarvis Jones played for Mark Richt not Nick Saban. Saban brought the NFL to the college game. Comparing the 3-4 the Steelers run to that of Georgia is ridiculous. There are so many variations of the 3-4. The one's the Patriots, Cowboys and texans run all differ from the Steelers. As far as your love for Rahim Moore and Matt Barkley I am sure there are plenty that remember, I don't need to waste my time looking for your quotes. Let's just disagree like always.

Legend

User Info Menu

Comical? Really? I have proven on this forum many times that the 3-4 that Nick Saban runs is just a complex as that of LeBeau's. And when you use the term "comparable" and insinuate that a college 3-4 can never be comparable to that of the one the Steelers run shows me a lot about you and your knowledge of the game. News Flash!! Every 3-4 is comparable. There is only so many things you can do with them. Variations? Of course. But they are all comparable.

I never suggested that the Steelers should draft Rahim Moore or Matt Barkley with a first round pick. What I said was, they were both 1st round talents in my opinion. But this is you again saying stuff that I never said. That is who you are.

Say what you want about me, I have enough integrity to never personally attack another here, or misquote them.
    Saban isn't at Georgia and how did you prove it wad as complex as DL's?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Last time I checked Jarvis Jones played for Mark Richt not Nick Saban. Saban brought the NFL to the college game. Comparing the 3-4 the Steelers run to that of Georgia is ridiculous. There are so many variations of the 3-4. The one's the Patriots, Cowboys and texans run all differ from the Steelers. As far as your love for Rahim Moore and Matt Barkley I am sure there are plenty that remember, I don't need to waste my time looking for your quotes. Let's just disagree like always.
    Uhhhhhhhhhhh....Todd Grantham is Georgia's Defensive coordinator. Grantham learned what he knows about the 3-4 from Saban while he worked for him at Michigan State.

In his own words...

"He's the guy who has really allowed me to launch my career," Grantham said. "I learned a lot from him. Systematically, we're similar in what we do. He has been one of the reasons that I've been able to have the success I've had, and he does a great job."

[URL]http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/nov/27/ugas-grantham-grateful-to-tides-saban/[/URL]

How embarrassing.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Saban isn't at Georgia and how did you prove it wad as complex as DL's?
    You guys are unbelievable in your lack of knowledge.

Saban taught Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Gantham every thing he knows about the 3-4 defense. Gantham worked under Saban.

When one dislikes another, it tends to cloud their ability to see things straight.

Legend

User Info Menu

Saban taught Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Gantham every thing he knows about the 3-4 defense. Gantham worked under Saban.

When one dislikes another, it tends to cloud their ability to see things straight.
    I think it's your lack of common sense... so Graham learned under Saban. WTF does that have to do with how he runs his 3-4 at Georgia.

"There are some similarities in the system and scheme they use relative to what we use, but he has his own ideas and methods about how he does it. - Saban

Might as well say Bud Wilkenson coached Jones at Georgia because he invented the 3-4...

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's your lack of common sense... so Graham learned under Saban. WTF does that have to do with how he runs his 3-4 at Georgia.

"There are some similarities in the system and scheme they use relative to what we use, but he has his own ideas and methods about how he does it." - Saban

Did Saban teach JJ the 3-4? Was Saban in JJ's ear during his time at Georgia?

Might as well say Bud Wilkenson coached Jones at Georgia because he invented the 3-4... LOL.

You are one weird dude.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 11-07-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Uhhhhhhhhhhh....Todd Grantham is Georgia's Defensive coordinator. Grantham learned what he knows about the 3-4 from Saban while he worked for him at Michigan State.

In his own words...

"He's the guy who has really allowed me to launch my career," Grantham said. "I learned a lot from him. Systematically, we're similar in what we do. He has been one of the reasons that I've been able to have the success I've had, and he does a great job."

[URL]http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/nov/27/ugas-grantham-grateful-to-tides-saban/[/URL]

How embarrassing.

You continue to dance around the facts with circumstantial garbage. They worked together 15 years ago GREAT!!! Has nothing to do with the fact that the Steelers NFL D playbook is probably 3 times the size of Georgia's and the weekly install of plays varies anywhere from 25-50%, whereas Georgia's is probably 5-10%. Keep herding your sheep Dee!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    You continue to dance around the facts with circumstantial garbage. They worked together 15 years ago GREAT!!! Has nothing to do with the fact that the Steelers NFL D playbook is probably 3 times the size of Georgia's and the weekly install of plays varies anywhere from 25-50%, whereas Georgia's is probably 5-10%. Keep herding your sheep Dee!!!
    b, b, but they WORKED TOGETHER and you didn't catch it initially...

surely this means you don't have the knowledge.

That dude is a clown. This was probably considered his one shining moment.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 11-07-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Read this and tell me this isn't the exact same things that we see week in and week out with LeBeau and his 3-4.[URL="http://www.thekeyplay.com/content/2013/june/17/alabamas-3-4-defense-d-line-basics"]

http://www.thekeyplay.com/content/2013/june/17/alabamas-3-4-defense-d-line-basics[/URL]

You guys are amazing!! I get it you just can't see past your Black N Gold colored Steeler glasses. You have to have this image that LeBeau is this genius and no one else comes close to what he does. Hilarious!!

And if you watch Georgia football side by side with Alabama football, you will see the near same 3-4 run by both of them.

I would love for one person to have the balls to tell me all the differences there are from LeBeau's 3-4 and Saban's 3-4 (or Georgia's for that matter).

I guarantee this right here....no one here can do it. Not one. Why?...because there isnt that much of a difference.

I am calling anyone and everyone out right here and now. Prove it. Let's see who knows what around here. Talk is cheap.

My guess?????

Crickets.

Funny how SKL insists that there are major differences in the two yet states, "Steelers NFL D playbook is PROBABLY 3 times the size of Georgia's and weekly install of plays varies anywhere from 25-50%, whereas Georgia's is PROBABLY 5-10%".

Is it probably or is it that you really dont know?

And even funnier is how SKL and feltdizz make these claims and yet didn't eve know the connection that Georgia's defense has with Nick Saban.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Read this and tell me this isn't the exact same things that we see week in and week out with LeBeau and his 3-4.[URL="http://www.thekeyplay.com/content/2013/june/17/alabamas-3-4-defense-d-line-basics"]

http://www.thekeyplay.com/content/2013/june/17/alabamas-3-4-defense-d-line-basics[/URL]

You guys are amazing!! I get it you just can't see past your Black N Gold colored Steeler glasses. You have to have this image that LeBeau is this genius and no one else comes close to what he does. Hilarious!!

And if you watch Georgia football side by side with Alabama football, you will see the near same 3-4 run by both of them.

I would love for one person to have the balls to tell me all the differences there are from LeBeau's 3-4 and Saban's 3-4 (or Georgia's for that matter).

I guarantee this right here....no one here can do it. Not one. Why?...because there isnt that much of a difference.

I am calling anyone and everyone out right here and now. Prove it. Let's see who knows what around here. Talk is cheap.

My guess?????

Crickets.

Funny how SKL insists that there are major differences in the two yet states, "Steelers NFL D playbook is PROBABLY 3 times the size of Georgia's and weekly install of plays varies anywhere from 25-50%, whereas Georgia's is PROBABLY 5-10%".

Is it probably or is it that you really dont know?

And even funnier is how SKL and feltdizz make these claims and yet didn't eve know the connection that Georgia's defense has with Nick Saban.
    If you got off your soapbox for 2 seconds you would see that I stated in the start of this thread that I would like LeBeau to step aside so not sure how my glasses are rose colored. As far as the PROBABLY quote, without seeing their actual playbooks I can't tell you for sure on the first part, but spending most of my time at college campus's on weekends and looking at gametape I CAN TELL YOU FOR A FACT THAT THE WEEKLY INSTALL AND SUB PACKAGES IS NIGHT AND DAY BETWEEN COLLEGE AND PRO. i CAN ALSO TELL YOU THAT A PLAYER LIKE JARVIS JONES IS OVERWHELMED FROM AN ASSIGNMENT STANDPOINT. If you can't acknowledge that you know even less than I thought. As far as telling you the difference's not sure how you would like to go about that through this forum but if you would like to throw up plays or film I would
    be glad to break them down for you from a positional assignment and coverage standpoint. Like I said, keep tending to your herd and leave football to those that know what's up.

By the way your boy Todd Grantham's D is getting torched for 30 plus a game.
    Last edited by steelerkeylargo; 11-07-2013 at 06:16 PM.