Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone who thinks Tomlin or Colbert are going anywhere

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I guess we should add Carnell Lake to the "hot seat" list or just fire him. Perhaps we can get a "hot bench" so we can see everyone on it and make some fans feel good.
    Gotta disagree. All of the freelancing and poor coverage design is on the coordinator. The DB coach usually does not set the coverages or schemes before each play. He may have input, but that is not his responsibility in normal situations.

Now if your point is that he isn't coaching up his players, then I withdraw my disagreement.
    Last edited by steelblood; 11-05-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Starter

User Info Menu

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic with regard to Carnell Lake being fired.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    No way would I want Gruden. Look at the teams he coached after he left. He may be the worst personnel coach I've seen.
    And let's face it .. Cowher ain't coming back, no matter how many roses and kisses are sent his way. Meyer? I live in Ohio and I think he stays at his dream job for as long as possible. He's got kids getting ready for college and a wife that would kick his butt if he tried to go to the NFL (considering his "exhaustion" problems at Florida).

Also why keep Haley? Not much has changed for the better during his tenure. And sorry, but the few times I've heard Butler speak, he sounds like an egotistical meat head.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Pretty sure he was being sarcastic with regard to Carnell Lake being fired.
    Good call!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Don't speak for me....

Head Coach:
    Old Timers: Cowher or Gruden as possibilities.
    College Ranks: For some reason, I'm intrigued by Urban Myer and I completely dislike OSU. A lot of options to consider in college though.
    Coordinators: Potentially the Seahawks on both sides of the ball.

DC: Butler - It's already his.
    OC: HC's decision to keep Haley or hire his own.
    No way would I want Cowher or Gruden. They are both best where they are now as talking heads. Cowher is just an attention whore who would make us non-competitive in what is now a pass first league. But rest assured he would perform enough antics on the sideline to get his mug on the TV at least half a dozen times a game.

Urban Meyer IMO could be another Bobby Petrino and just walk out on the team if something more interesting popped up.

If Butler is more of the same then he needs to go too. We need someone on the defense who will think out of the box and really switch things up.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Wait a minute you think the Steelers can get a quick turn around by adding Cam Erving at LT, Morgan Breslin at OLB, and inserting Cortez Allen as a starter a CB, and Shamarko Thomas as a starter at FS?

Sorry SKL, I think that is delusional.

And then you go on and suggest the Steelers should draft a train wreck like Colt Lyerla? A guy who got arrested for having cocaine (actually was caught in the act of doing cocaine), in his procession? And three weeks prior to that he walked out on his team and basically quit?

Yeah that reality.
    As far as Erving he is the 2nd best LT in the draft. With the salary cap situation this team is handcuffed. Lyerla will be the only first round talent available in the 6th round. He is already undergoing counseling. While I don't think this team would take the chance I would!! As far as knocking the suggestions of starting a rookie LB, Thomas and Allen. I am sure Seahawks fans thought talk of starting Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor and KJ Wright a couple years ago were laughed at too. We could do alot worse. We could trade Ben and could draft AJ McCarron (or could have drafted your boy Matt Barkley last year).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Don't speak for me....

Head Coach:
    Old Timers: Cowher or Gruden as possibilities.
    College Ranks: For some reason, I'm intrigued by Urban Myer and I completely dislike OSU. A lot of options to consider in college though.
    Coordinators: Potentially the Seahawks on both sides of the ball.

DC: Butler - It's already his.
    OC: HC's decision to keep Haley or hire his own.
    Speak for you? LOL.. when did I do that? I said you were ranting

Legend

User Info Menu

no thanks on butler.

whats he shown as a position coach?

2 years to have timmons finally start. 3 for worldis.

the guy has all high draft picks in his unit and are underperforming

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    ....As far as knocking the suggestions of starting a rookie LB, Thomas and Allen. I am sure Seahawks fans thought talk of starting Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor and KJ Wright a couple years ago were laughed at too. We could do alot worse. We could trade Ben and could draft AJ McCarron (or could have drafted your boy Matt Barkley last year).
    Is that what you read form my post? Read it again. Slowly. I am knocking the fact that you think just by adding those 4 to the starting lineup it is going to result in a quick turn around for the Steelers. Those were your words.

Now, take your hatred towards me and put it aside. Half the things you think I am saying, I am not. It's kind of making you look like...well...you know. If there was anyone on this forum who is all for starting young players, it's me. Think about it.

Keep taking shots at me because you think I am saying one thing, when I am not, makes you look pretty immature.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    no thanks on butler.

whats he shown as a position coach?

2 years to have timmons finally start. 3 for worldis.

the guy has all high draft picks in his unit and are underperforming
    I thought that when the Steelers stopped Butler from going to Miami a couple of years ago was because it was implied that he was their DC going forward? Then again, maybe Tomlin will make the switch to the 4-3 when LeBeau leaves. Now would be the time, the talent doesn't really seem that much more suited for a 3-4 than a 4-3 anymore anyway - does it?