Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Defensive Performance in My Lifetime

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Worst Defensive Performance in My Lifetime

In my 46 years, I have never seen a more embarrassing defensive performance by the Steelers. I can't recall a single one.

I'd like to think of myself as not too reactionary, but I truly believe that it's time to blow this team up. Start with the coaching staff and move down the roster. Nobody should be safe after this season and all the guys with fat contracts should be dumped.

I could never have imagined we would be this bad. Never.

Wow.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

will some here finally hold tomlin accountable?

I won't hold my breath

Starter

User Info Menu

Giving some credit to the opponent might not be out of place.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree about blowing this team up... It's been a trend for a few years now it seems. Lackluster and complacent.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    When u loose to the Vikings, who have only one win. The raiders, who just lost 49-20 or some sh!t. The titans who are no spring chicken. And now this game. U kinda tend to believe that your team blows

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Look Tip...you're a great contributor to this forum, but even as a big-time Pats fan, you have to admit that this was far more about the pathetic performance of the Steeler defense than it was about Brady or your Pats. They haven't looked this good all year and they probably reminded you of their offense at the zenith of their dominance.

We looked like we just gave up in that game. Hard to stomach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why? Each week teams are putting up impressive numbers against the Steelers...not just the Pats.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Look Tip...you're a great contributor to this forum, but even as a big-time Pats fan, you have to admit that this was far more about the pathetic performance of the Steeler defense than it was about Brady or your Pats. They haven't looked this good all year and they probably reminded you of their offense at the zenith of their dominance.

I don't want to be one of those posters that shows up only to rub it in when your team loses, so I hope you didn't take my post as trying to do that. Even though the Pats had the better record coming into the game, they still had a lot of questions on both offense (WRs and o-line) and defense (no Wilfork, no Mayo).

And I agree that the Steelers defense didn't like right in the fourth quarter, but some of that may have been due to the Pats and the hurry-up offense. I don't know think it was a matter of giving up as much as it was one of running out of gas.

Legend

User Info Menu

In my 46 years, I have never seen a more embarrassing defensive performance by the Steelers. I can't recall a single one.

I'd like to think of myself as not too reactionary, but I truly believe that it's time to blow this team up. Start with the coaching staff and move down the roster. Nobody should be safe after this season and all the guys with fat contracts should be dumped.

I could never have imagined we would be this bad. Never.

Wow.
    I'm all for it if it means Tomlin is included. I've had enough. Embarrassing would be an understatement.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

As soon as we gave the ball back with 2 minutes left in the half I knew we were going to give up another TD. Not a FG, a TD. Anymore, all the opposing offense needs is two minutes and they're a lock to score a TD. Our D is horrible. Troy was a liability today of all people, not to mention everyone else out there.

Not sure what to say other than everything looks like crap: Scheme, plan, DLine (although Heyward did look good today), the "pass rush" (ha!), the coverage, the cushion, the tackling, etc etc etc.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>