Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacements

Legend

User Info Menu

Replacements

Since we need to replace everyone, who do you want?

GM?
    Head Coach?
    OC?
    DC?

Which players if any do you keep?

What FAs do you want to sign?

Who do you wanna draft?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Coach threatening to replace the underperformers seems hypocritical. Look in the mirror Mike.

No band of brothers there, just a collection of individuals, some making paydays way beyond their level of play, who may be the most individualized of the bunch.
    Last edited by DukieBoy; 11-04-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well, at 2-6 we have to wait out the season. I'd like to see a top down replacement of perhaps everyone but Lake. But that's just me. I haven't been calling for the Coach's head or anything but after an "eh" 12-4 two years ago, a "blah" 8-8 last year and a possible 4-12, 3-13 season this year, it's time to make some changes. MT needs to be released from his contract with the Steelers thanks for what he did for the organization, DL needs to be allowed to retire with the Steelers thanks for what he did for the organization, etc, so on and so forth.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OC/DC to start. But I can live with Haley at least he's creative. Senile has been running the same things for years.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    OC/DC to start. But I can live with Haley at least he's creative. Senile has been running the same things for years.
    If bubble screens and draw plays are creative....

Legend

User Info Menu

If we decide to part ways with Tomlin, the young up and comer I'd take a hard look at as a HC is Sean McDermott, Carolina's DC. Living in NC, I've seen and heard enough about him to be convinced he's got a huge future in the NFL and the national media hasn't figured it out yet. He's smart, humble, sound, and aggressive. He's turned around Carolina's D completely over the last few years. And the thing Steelers fans would love is he gets contributions from young guys.

His players love him and I think Steelers fans would too. His completely about substance over style. I always get the impression he's a down to earth guy with a blue collar work ethic that would fit perfectly into the Steelers' tradition. I think he could do big things for us and get us back on the path to #7.

I'd definitely pair him with a strong/proven GM to help with the transition to being a HC. Not sure who yet?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If we decide to part ways with Tomlin, the young up and comer I'd take a hard look at as a HC is Sean McDermott, Carolina's DC. Living in NC, I've seen and heard enough about him to be convinced he's got a huge future in the NFL and the national media hasn't figured it out yet. He's smart, humble, sound, and aggressive. He's turned around Carolina's D completely over the last few years. And the thing Steelers fans would love is he gets contributions from young guys.

His players love him and I think Steelers fans would too. His completely about substance over style. I always get the impression he's a down to earth guy with a blue collar work ethic that would fit perfectly into the Steelers' tradition. I think he could do big things for us and get us back on the path to #7.

I'd definitely pair him with a strong/proven GM to help with the transition to being a HC. Not sure who yet?
    I prefer an offensive minded HC. We've done the Defensive for a long time and I would love to see what our team would look like if we did something different.

I definitely like what Carolina is doing on D but remember they went 2-14, 6-10 and 6-10 the last 3 years so they have been picking in the top 10...

They got Cam, Kuechly and Star in the top 10.. and also got another DL in the second round last year.

This is one of the things that Steeler fans have to admit when it comes to our team... we are in cap hell, we had 3 SB appearances the last 7 years and we are finally having are awful season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Haley, Bicknell, & Smith fired. I want DL to retire & Butler to take the reigns.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

After a day to vent

I just don't think you could do much better than Tomlin. I think he is proving to be what he is: a capable coach, but certainly not the game-changing coach people would like to believe. I would look seriously at our personnel department, but it is difficult for me to say who's head should roll there.

I will also preface by saying that I appreciate the Steelers and their not having a coaching carousel everytime things go bad, so even more why I'd just let Tomlin stay next year. I would even keep Haley, if I see growth there from now til the end of the season. But Lebeau must go, as a DC. If we wanted to remain as some sort of consultant, I would of course, honor that. But as a DC, his time has passed. That much is obvious.

Starter

User Info Menu

I agree it's time for Dick to retire,but I've been thinking,is Butler the answer? I'm sure he has some ideas of his own,but he's worked under LeBeau for awhile,can he bring enough new and fresh approaches? Not saying he can't,just throwing it out there that the Steelers may be better served going outside the organization.