Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Replacements

Administrator

User Info Menu

And an additional 10.5 million after Ike is cut.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I chuckle once again. Just because DL is "old" his schemes don't work anymore..blah blah blah..... How is it that the DC is blamed, when all we see is a bunch of underperforming overpaid aged players not doing their job?

Sigh.... again, it's not the scheme, it's the players. Disagree?? Well there are a few fans of another team that would differ with your comments. Don't look now, but Ray Horton has installed DL's defense in Browns country and they are currently sitting at No. 4 total defense in the league. It works, just gotta find the right players.

[URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2013/10/post_26.html"]www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2013/10/post_26.html[/URL]
    Why is it the players fault when criticizing LeBeau but it is always the coaches fault when criticizing Arians in the past and Haley now? Our OL has been one of the worst in the NFL for 3-4 years which pretty much scuttles anything an OC tries to implement, but Arians and Haley never seem to get the pass for "underperforming players" even though the bulk of the financial investment on retaining players has always been on LeBeau's side of the football. The offense has always gotten less but we make excuses for LeBeau.

The reality is that the games with pass first, high scoring offenses has moved beyond LeBeau's supposedly so complex we will fool them defense. Only people we seem to be confusing are our own players because they look lost.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dub you kill me. Please stop with the cap hell stuff. You know as well as others here that when you have good players with a big money QB the cap will be high. The Steelers will do what they need to do this year. But if Ben and Troy stay around the cap will still be on the high side. IF there is a player they really want to keep or go get they do. Will they "over pay" for a FA or to sign one of there own. Not most of the time. The Steelers have done a good job I think money wise. Now is the turning point with a bad season. How much does Ben went to redo his deal? Will Troy and Ike take a pay cut? I am sure at this point the money talks will start now this season. Time to go ahead and plan/work on the 2014 Steelers for the FO.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If we decide to part ways with Tomlin, the young up and comer I'd take a hard look at as a HC is Sean McDermott, Carolina's DC. Living in NC, I've seen and heard enough about him to be convinced he's got a huge future in the NFL and the national media hasn't figured it out yet. He's smart, humble, sound, and aggressive. He's turned around Carolina's D completely over the last few years. And the thing Steelers fans would love is he gets contributions from young guys.

His players love him and I think Steelers fans would too. His completely about substance over style. I always get the impression he's a down to earth guy with a blue collar work ethic that would fit perfectly into the Steelers' tradition. I think he could do big things for us and get us back on the path to #7.

I'd definitely pair him with a strong/proven GM to help with the transition to being a HC. Not sure who yet?
    I firmly believe that both Tomlin and Colbert will be given to the end of their contracts to turn things around...

Now, Carolina is already looking for a new coach...McDermott may be available...he is also a former college teammate of Tomlin....

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I firmly believe that both Tomlin and Colbert will be given to the end of their contracts to turn things around...

Now, Carolina is already looking for a new coach...McDermott may be available...he is also a former college teammate of Tomlin....
    Carolina isn't looking for a new head coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yep... Carolina is trending up after a few rough seasons. Their D is playing lights out and Cam and Shula have started to gel on offense.

Rookie

User Info Menu

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/coaches-heat-index-carolina-ron-rivera-appears-lame-160519198--nfl.html[/url]

Administrator

User Info Menu

[URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/coaches-heat-index-carolina-ron-rivera-appears-lame-160519198--nfl.html[/URL]
    That's a month old.... and even so, I don't think thats accurate.

Rookie

User Info Menu

That's a month old.... and even so, I don't think thats accurate.
    It's less than a month old and was first reported on NFL.com...

Legend

User Info Menu

It's less than a month old and was first reported on NFL.com...
    ?.and they have won 4 straight since and have outscored those teams 130 to 48. Unless they go on a horrible losing streaks I think his job is secure.