Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Replacements

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ?.and they have won 4 straight since and have outscored those teams 130 to 48. Unless they go on a horrible losing streaks I think his job is secure.
    We'll see...a four game win streak can't undo two plus years of suckiness...

Just as, IMO, have a season of suckiness can't undo 5 years of good performance...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    We'll see...a four game win streak can't undo two plus years of suckiness...

Just as, IMO, have a season of suckiness can't undo 5 years of good performance...
    A HC can't undo years of suckiness overnight and its not like this Carolina franchise has a history of greatness. Rivera took over a team that was 2-14 and gutted by the owner to save money for the pending lockout.

They also fired the GM last year because he gave an insane amount of money to the wrong players.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If both coordinators are gone, I wouldn't mind seeing Rod Marinelli (currently Cowboys dline coach) as DC and Kubiak as OC, if he parts ways with the Houston head coaching job due to medical or performance, etc.

I think Keith Butler wouldn't take the leap frog and would leave the team. But maybe the LBs could use a new voice.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    I agree it's time for Dick to retire,but I've been thinking,is Butler the answer? I'm sure he has some ideas of his own,but he's worked under LeBeau for awhile,can he bring enough new and fresh approaches? Not saying he can't,just throwing it out there that the Steelers may be better served going outside the organization.
    I wouldn't assume Butler has any input on defensive schemes and play calling, I just can't see any position coaches really having a say in anything. Until we see the Butler scheme I don't know if we can truly know how he wants to call a defense
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

I say we hire Dee Dub as OC and Oviedo as DC and see if they just talk the talk or can they walk the walk

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    I say we hire Dee Dub as OC and Oviedo as DC and see if they just talk the talk or can they walk the walk
    I wouldn't want to see Ovi as DC. He would just run the same tired 3-4 as his hero DL is running now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    I wouldn't assume Butler has any input on defensive schemes and play calling, I just can't see any position coaches really having a say in anything. Until we see the Butler scheme I don't know if we can truly know how he wants to call a defense
    I agree. If Butler would represent more of the same then find someone else.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I have one demand. I want "phillyesq" to negotiate my contract.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

That'll just mean we're trading away Ben and blitzing Timmons up the middle on every play

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I have one demand. I want "phillyesq" to negotiate my contract.
    There will be a clause calling for immediate termination if you implement a 4-3.