Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Replacements

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,460

    Replacements

    Since we need to replace everyone, who do you want?

    GM?
    Head Coach?
    OC?
    DC?

    Which players if any do you keep?

    What FAs do you want to sign?

    Who do you wanna draft?

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,273
    Coach threatening to replace the underperformers seems hypocritical. Look in the mirror Mike.

    No band of brothers there, just a collection of individuals, some making paydays way beyond their level of play, who may be the most individualized of the bunch.
    Last edited by DukieBoy; 11-04-2013 at 08:24 AM.



    Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.



  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,271
    Well, at 2-6 we have to wait out the season. I'd like to see a top down replacement of perhaps everyone but Lake. But that's just me. I haven't been calling for the Coach's head or anything but after an "eh" 12-4 two years ago, a "blah" 8-8 last year and a possible 4-12, 3-13 season this year, it's time to make some changes. MT needs to be released from his contract with the Steelers thanks for what he did for the organization, DL needs to be allowed to retire with the Steelers thanks for what he did for the organization, etc, so on and so forth.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

    go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

    Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,161
    OC/DC to start. But I can live with Haley at least he's creative. Senile has been running the same things for years.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    OC/DC to start. But I can live with Haley at least he's creative. Senile has been running the same things for years.
    If bubble screens and draw plays are creative....

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    If bubble screens and draw plays are creative....
    Or this on every third or fourth and short...

    Either shotgun with nobody in the backfield
    3-2-NE 36 (12:12) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at NE 42 for -6 yards (50-R.Ninkovich). FUMBLES (50-R.Ninkovich), RECOVERED by NE-72-J.Vellano at NE 42. 72-J.Vellano to NE 42 for no gain (68-K.Beachum).
    Or this
    3-3-PIT 45 (1:56) 26-L.Bell up the middle to PIT 49 for 4 yards (54-D.Hightower).
    4-1-NE 42 (15:00) PIT 76-Adams eligible. 26-L.Bell up the middle to NE 41 for 1 yard (94-Chr. Jones).
    3-1-NE 32 (13:25) (No Huddle) 26-L.Bell up the middle to NE 32 for no gain (72-J.Vellano; 28-S.Gregory).
    4-1-NE 32 (12:42) PIT 76-Adams eligible. 26-L.Bell left guard to NE 33 for -1 yards (94-Chr. Jones; 91-J.Collins).
    The best part is that the 4th down play followed a timeout. So, given the chance to come up with their best play, the OC came up with almost the exact same formation and play as the one that failed the previous play.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,460
    If we decide to part ways with Tomlin, the young up and comer I'd take a hard look at as a HC is Sean McDermott, Carolina's DC. Living in NC, I've seen and heard enough about him to be convinced he's got a huge future in the NFL and the national media hasn't figured it out yet. He's smart, humble, sound, and aggressive. He's turned around Carolina's D completely over the last few years. And the thing Steelers fans would love is he gets contributions from young guys.

    His players love him and I think Steelers fans would too. His completely about substance over style. I always get the impression he's a down to earth guy with a blue collar work ethic that would fit perfectly into the Steelers' tradition. I think he could do big things for us and get us back on the path to #7.

    I'd definitely pair him with a strong/proven GM to help with the transition to being a HC. Not sure who yet?

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,675
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If we decide to part ways with Tomlin, the young up and comer I'd take a hard look at as a HC is Sean McDermott, Carolina's DC. Living in NC, I've seen and heard enough about him to be convinced he's got a huge future in the NFL and the national media hasn't figured it out yet. He's smart, humble, sound, and aggressive. He's turned around Carolina's D completely over the last few years. And the thing Steelers fans would love is he gets contributions from young guys.

    His players love him and I think Steelers fans would too. His completely about substance over style. I always get the impression he's a down to earth guy with a blue collar work ethic that would fit perfectly into the Steelers' tradition. I think he could do big things for us and get us back on the path to #7.

    I'd definitely pair him with a strong/proven GM to help with the transition to being a HC. Not sure who yet?
    I prefer an offensive minded HC. We've done the Defensive for a long time and I would love to see what our team would look like if we did something different.

    I definitely like what Carolina is doing on D but remember they went 2-14, 6-10 and 6-10 the last 3 years so they have been picking in the top 10...

    They got Cam, Kuechly and Star in the top 10.. and also got another DL in the second round last year.

    This is one of the things that Steeler fans have to admit when it comes to our team... we are in cap hell, we had 3 SB appearances the last 7 years and we are finally having are awful season.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If we decide to part ways with Tomlin, the young up and comer I'd take a hard look at as a HC is Sean McDermott, Carolina's DC. Living in NC, I've seen and heard enough about him to be convinced he's got a huge future in the NFL and the national media hasn't figured it out yet. He's smart, humble, sound, and aggressive. He's turned around Carolina's D completely over the last few years. And the thing Steelers fans would love is he gets contributions from young guys.

    His players love him and I think Steelers fans would too. His completely about substance over style. I always get the impression he's a down to earth guy with a blue collar work ethic that would fit perfectly into the Steelers' tradition. I think he could do big things for us and get us back on the path to #7.

    I'd definitely pair him with a strong/proven GM to help with the transition to being a HC. Not sure who yet?
    I firmly believe that both Tomlin and Colbert will be given to the end of their contracts to turn things around...

    Now, Carolina is already looking for a new coach...McDermott may be available...he is also a former college teammate of Tomlin....

  10. #10
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I firmly believe that both Tomlin and Colbert will be given to the end of their contracts to turn things around...

    Now, Carolina is already looking for a new coach...McDermott may be available...he is also a former college teammate of Tomlin....
    Carolina isn't looking for a new head coach.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •