5 fumble
    31 sacks

and he isn't the problem?

Backup

User Info Menu

No QB in the league would be much better behind this so called OL

Legend

User Info Menu

What about 13 TD's, 6 INT's, 5 Fumbles, and 26 sacks? Not too far off from the numbers that make Ben the problem, right? Those are the season stats for the guy who just put up 55 on us. His team is leading its division at 7-2. Just sayin'.

I agree on the veiled point you make but Ben isn't Brady and this OL isn't going to get better anytime soon. He's played behind a shabby line for years and that's been the hallmark of his improvisational career. But whereas he used to will this team to wins with clutch play, he seems to be the cause of our doom with his untimely TOs.

Also, Brady's defense helps him win games.... by no means are they stellar.... but they aren't old and soft. This unit is a joke compared to the unit that helped bring 2 more titles to The Burgh.

I am of the mind that we need to blow up this team.... from the top down.... including Colbert. We've chit the bed with our drafting over the past couple of years.... besides AB and MW the one year... I can't recall anybody with a tenure of 5 years or less on this squad that has made the Pro Bowl.

Here's to Bell next year changing that trend.
    Last edited by AngryAsian; 11-04-2013 at 06:19 AM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    What about 13 TD's, 6 INT's, 5 Fumbles, and 26 sacks? Not too far off from the numbers that make Ben the problem, right? Those are the season stats for the guy who just put up 55 on us. His team is leading its division at 7-2. Just sayin'.
    I agree on the veiled point you make but Ben isn't Brady and this OL isn't going to get better anytime soon. He's played behind a shabby line for years and that's been the hallmark of his improvisational career. But whereas he used to will this team to wins with clutch play, he seems to be the cause of our doom with his untimely TOs.

Also, Brady's defense helps him win games.... by no means are they stellar.... but they aren't old and soft. This unit is a joke compared to the unit that helped bring 2 more titles to The Burgh.

I am of the mind that we need to blow up this team.... from the top down.... including Colbert. We've chit the bed with our drafting over the past couple of years.... besides AB and MW the one year... I can't recall anybody with a tenure of 5 years or less on this squad that has made the Pro Bowl.

Here's to Bell next year changing that trend.

Okay... here's to slanty eyes more functional at 5 in the morning... pressed the right button this time.
    Last edited by AngryAsian; 11-04-2013 at 06:23 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dude, let me place grenades all around your cubicle

and let's see how you fare over time.

Ben isn't Ben anymore (can't carry a team on his back), and now he turns the ball over too much, but he isn't the reason we're losing.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post

Ben isn't Ben anymore (can't carry a team on his back), and now he turns the ball over too much, but he isn't the reason we're losing.
    Turnovers by Ben are a huge issue. If he doesn't hand the ball over almost twice a game how does that change each game?
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Half of the sacks is on Ben and more than half the TO are on him also. Ben is the biggest problem.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Any time a QB plays like ish it's usually a major reason why a team loses.

The defense is the main reason why this team isn't as good as it used to be.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Put it this way

If the argument is Ben (the offense) vs. the defense, how would this Ben look coupled with the 2008 Steeler defense? He'd only have to score 20 points, and he'd be given more opportunities (with more punts, more takeaways) to do so. It would certainly help to minimze his problems.

OTOH, put this defense with the best Ben ever...
    We'd still have a 6th round rookie starting at ILB, an undrafted FA manning the nose. And we'd still have a gambling 32-year old safety coupled with a guy with one foot already out the door (auditioning all summer on NFLN and ESPN). And bottom line, we'd still be a step behind, having an inflexible 76-year old pulling the strings.

Legend

User Info Menu

If the argument is Ben (the offense) vs. the defense, how would this Ben look coupled with the 2008 Steeler defense? He'd only have to score 20 points, and he'd be given more opportunities (with more punts, more takeaways) to do so. It would certainly help to minimze his problems.
    And this is exactly why I think taking a LT in the first round of the draft might be maddening. It doesn't matter how much we help Ben on offense if we don't find defenders that can take the ball away and keep the other team from scoring.

The formula is still the same. Ben + Defense = Championships.

We need all the star defenders we can find. Bottom line, we need the 2008 defense. That's the only way Ben will ever have a chance to win.