Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: 12 9 5 31

  1. #21
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I know he had three turnovers yesterday but Ben also had 400 yards passing and 4 TD's. Those are huge numbers. The defense looked like a confused, scared, unprepared group of high schoolers out there for the vast majority of the game. The 6'6"/ 265 pound guy in the blue shirt went uncovered for most of the game as if they didn't know he would be a target. He was - for 9 catches and 143 yards.

    I'll keep Ben but give me 4 or 5 guys on D who can make some plays and a new Defensive Coordinator who is willing to try new ideas.
    Gronk should have been doubled all day. Damn near every other team doubles the TE like that but we do the Lebeau shuffle all game long.

    This D is horrible.

  2. #22
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,348
    Ben is not the problem...Period. Ben is the ONLY player on the field trying to put this team on his back and get them where they need to be. What does he get for that???? Everyone wants him gone. Surely you don't think there is another QB in this league or in next years draft that would have the ability to tell Haley to STFU I'm running the offense...Touch this OL with his jock strap & they would turn into ALL Pros...And his prescence on the field would miracuously make the defense return to form & play lights out football again...Do you?

    There are a lot of guys in here that I like & respect that are calling for his head...But I pull no punches. Maybe this is too harsh...But you don't have a clue. Maybe you just haven't strapped a helmet on a know what "TEAM" & "LEADER" is defined. Sink or Swim...I know what BB is trying to do. I respect what he is trying to do. YES...He is making mistakes. YES...He is making plays. I also struggle to find anyone else doing the same. I would play for BB & break my neck trying to keep him clean. I would never have a bad thing to say about what he is doing on the field...I understand what he is up against. A MOUNTAIN...But BB is still swinging! If all you have is critical words & want to cast him off because of 2-6...You are missing the fight. If you don't understand...Take you stats...Find another team...And put BB your waiver wire in your fantasy league...Because that is the only football you understand. I can't stand the season is over at the half way point. I want Haley, Bicknell, & Smith fired. I want DL to retire & Butler to take the reigns. I want some vets gone because the are shells of their former selves. But I will tell you this...I am gaining alot of respect for BB for what he is trying to do against the odds in front of him. If you want to cut a man's head off for fighting...Then cut off Ben's. It make sense....Because He may be the only one out there doing just that.
    1st (T-D) Kelvin Benjamin WR
    2nd Bradley Roby CB
    3a Kareem Martin DE
    3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
    4th Christian Jones LB
    5a Dri Archer RB
    5b Kevin Pierre-Louis LB
    6a Beau Allen NT
    6b Shaquille Richardson CB
    7th John Brown WR

  3. #23
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,349
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Ben is not the problem...Period. Ben is the ONLY player on the field trying to put this team on his back and get them where they need to be. What does he get for that???? Everyone wants him gone. Surely you don't think there is another QB in this league or in next years draft that would have the ability to tell Haley to STFU I'm running the offense...Touch this OL with his jock strap & they would turn into ALL Pros...And his prescence on the field would miracuously make the defense return to form & play lights out football again...Do you?

    There are a lot of guys in here that I like & respect that are calling for his head...But I pull no punches. Maybe this is too harsh...But you don't have a clue. Maybe you just haven't strapped a helmet on a know what "TEAM" & "LEADER" is defined. Sink or Swim...I know what BB is trying to do. I respect what he is trying to do. YES...He is making mistakes. YES...He is making plays. I also struggle to find anyone else doing the same. I would play for BB & break my neck trying to keep him clean. I would never have a bad thing to say about what he is doing on the field...I understand what he is up against. A MOUNTAIN...But BB is still swinging! If all you have is critical words & want to cast him off because of 2-6...You are missing the fight. If you don't understand...Take you stats...Find another team...And put BB your waiver wire in your fantasy league...Because that is the only football you understand. I can't stand the season is over at the half way point. I want Haley, Bicknell, & Smith fired. I want DL to retire & Butler to take the reigns. I want some vets gone because the are shells of their former selves. But I will tell you this...I am gaining alot of respect for BB for what he is trying to do against the odds in front of him. If you want to cut a man's head off for fighting...Then cut off Ben's. It make sense....Because He may be the only one out there doing just that.
    bravo... bravo...

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Ben is not the problem...Period. Ben is the ONLY player on the field trying to put this team on his back and get them where they need to be. What does he get for that???? Everyone wants him gone. Surely you don't think there is another QB in this league or in next years draft that would have the ability to tell Haley to STFU I'm running the offense...Touch this OL with his jock strap & they would turn into ALL Pros...And his prescence on the field would miracuously make the defense return to form & play lights out football again...Do you?

    There are a lot of guys in here that I like & respect that are calling for his head...But I pull no punches. Maybe this is too harsh...But you don't have a clue. Maybe you just haven't strapped a helmet on a know what "TEAM" & "LEADER" is defined. Sink or Swim...I know what BB is trying to do. I respect what he is trying to do. YES...He is making mistakes. YES...He is making plays. I also struggle to find anyone else doing the same. I would play for BB & break my neck trying to keep him clean. I would never have a bad thing to say about what he is doing on the field...I understand what he is up against. A MOUNTAIN...But BB is still swinging! If all you have is critical words & want to cast him off because of 2-6...You are missing the fight. If you don't understand...Take you stats...Find another team...And put BB your waiver wire in your fantasy league...Because that is the only football you understand. I can't stand the season is over at the half way point. I want Haley, Bicknell, & Smith fired. I want DL to retire & Butler to take the reigns. I want some vets gone because the are shells of their former selves. But I will tell you this...I am gaining alot of respect for BB for what he is trying to do against the odds in front of him. If you want to cut a man's head off for fighting...Then cut off Ben's. It make sense....Because He may be the only one out there doing just that.
    It bears repeating, so I quoted it.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    31 sacks

    and he isn't the problem?
    Wow, now we lay all the fault for 31 sacks at the feet of the QB?

    For any other QB in the NFL, the entire community would consider that an indictment of his OL. However, we are on such a witch hunt here that every sack he takes, every pressure he feels, every time he drops back and has pressure in his face right away is on the QB. What a joke.

  6. #26
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,158
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Wow, now we lay all the fault for 31 sacks at the feet of the QB?

    For any other QB in the NFL, the entire community would consider that an indictment of his OL. However, we are on such a witch hunt here that every sack he takes, every pressure he feels, every time he drops back and has pressure in his face right away is on the QB. What a joke.
    I don't want Ben gone but Ben would get sacked at least 35 times with the best o-line in the league. He would because it's Ben and it's the way he's played and has always played. That is pretty much why Haley was brought in.... to call some plays that REQUIRE quicker throws (like bubble screens) to PROTECT Ben from being Ben and to likewise keep him healthy for as long as possible.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I don't want Ben gone but Ben would get sacked at least 35 times with the best o-line in the league. He would because it's Ben and it's the way he's played and has always played. That is pretty much why Haley was brought in.... to call some plays that REQUIRE quicker throws (like bubble screens) to PROTECT Ben from being Ben and to likewise keep him healthy for as long as possible.
    The difference is that with a good line he would also have some chances to do what he does best. With this OL he is constantly under fire from the snap of the ball. Give him some time and he will perform some magic to offset the sacks that he takes while looking for the big play. Give him no time and you get this.

    And for those who state that others like Brady, Manning etc. would throw the ball away instead of taking those sacks, with this OL they would be forced to throw it away 10 times a game. How effective do you think they would be with numbers like that? Ben sees constant pressure every game, against every D. Other QBs see a bit of this kind of pressure when they face elite pass rushing defenses maybe once or twice a year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •