Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our beloved leader

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    I so agree with that!!! Ben should have been in the WR face yelling WTF!!!! that clearly wasn't Ben's fault nor was the one where he had no room nor no time.....
    The one that Ben threw in the endzone was entirely his own fault.. He sidestepped the defensive player in his face allowing him to step into the throw. Instead, he basically threw a pass with his eyes closed that had zero chance of completion. That was giving ZERO effort. That's not elite QB play by any stretch. That was UNACCEPTABLE and he's done that on several occasions this year.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I am old enough to remember the last 2 SB's of the 70's so I've seen some pretty bad teams through the 80's and early 2000's. But yesterday was the first time I ever recall a Steelers team looking HELPLESS. It sickens me to even think it but it's true. The Pats were having their way with the D and knew it. I mean they didn't even look professional out there. Totally lost. They were the team we have all made fun of when it was the Browns. I don't think there is any chance to turn it around this season but I sure as hell hope we don't have to watch failure at that level again ever (or at least a very long time).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    The one that Ben threw in the endzone was entirely his own fault.. He sidestepped the defensive player in his face allowing him to step into the throw. Instead, he basically threw a pass with his eyes closed that had zero chance of completion. That was giving ZERO effort. That's not elite QB play by any stretch. That was UNACCEPTABLE and he's done that on several occasions this year.
    If he didn't throw it, it would have most likely resulted in a safety.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    That was a wish and a prayer...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I am old enough to remember the last 2 SB's of the 70's so I've seen some pretty bad teams through the 80's and early 2000's. But yesterday was the first time I ever recall a Steelers team looking HELPLESS. It sickens me to even think it but it's true. The Pats were having their way with the D and knew it. I mean they didn't even look professional out there. Totally lost. They were the team we have all made fun of when it was the Browns. I don't think there is any chance to turn it around this season but I sure as hell hope we don't have to watch failure at that level again ever (or at least a very long time).
    You must not remember the first two games of the '89 season...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Yeah, it is funny how people forget so quick. This game may have been the highest point total, but that one year when Baltimore put a BEATING on us and Ben was easily more sickening than this game. Or the AFCC game, when these same Cheats*, ran up the score after presumably taping our practices. Or even the game where Gannon threw about 75 pass attempts, because we were so inept at stopping it. Not to mention those two games in '89.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Yeah, it is funny how people forget so quick. This game may have been the highest point total, but that one year when Baltimore put a BEATING on us and Ben was easily more sickening than this game. Or the AFCC game, when these same Cheats*, ran up the score after presumably taping our practices. Or even the game where Gannon threw about 75 pass attempts, because we were so inept at stopping it. Not to mention those two games in '89.
    What's funnier is people that try to obfuscate by point out games that DIDN'T have the defense giving up 55 points and 611 yards. Yes, those games happened but NONE of them compare to this ass whoopin'.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    Watch the replay. He sidestepped that rusher.... he wasn't going to get sacked. It was completely unacceptable for him to throw that pass.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    or the Tim Lewis era as Def. Cord.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!