Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Our beloved leader

  1. #21
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    I so agree with that!!! Ben should have been in the WR face yelling WTF!!!! that clearly wasn't Ben's fault nor was the one where he had no room nor no time.....
    The one that Ben threw in the endzone was entirely his own fault.. He sidestepped the defensive player in his face allowing him to step into the throw. Instead, he basically threw a pass with his eyes closed that had zero chance of completion. That was giving ZERO effort. That's not elite QB play by any stretch. That was UNACCEPTABLE and he's done that on several occasions this year.

  2. #22
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    1,875
    I am old enough to remember the last 2 SB's of the 70's so I've seen some pretty bad teams through the 80's and early 2000's. But yesterday was the first time I ever recall a Steelers team looking HELPLESS. It sickens me to even think it but it's true. The Pats were having their way with the D and knew it. I mean they didn't even look professional out there. Totally lost. They were the team we have all made fun of when it was the Browns. I don't think there is any chance to turn it around this season but I sure as hell hope we don't have to watch failure at that level again ever (or at least a very long time).

  3. #23
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    The one that Ben threw in the endzone was entirely his own fault.. He sidestepped the defensive player in his face allowing him to step into the throw. Instead, he basically threw a pass with his eyes closed that had zero chance of completion. That was giving ZERO effort. That's not elite QB play by any stretch. That was UNACCEPTABLE and he's done that on several occasions this year.
    If he didn't throw it, it would have most likely resulted in a safety.

  4. #24
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,338
    Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    If he didn't throw it, it would have most likely resulted in a safety.
    That was a wish and a prayer...

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I am old enough to remember the last 2 SB's of the 70's so I've seen some pretty bad teams through the 80's and early 2000's. But yesterday was the first time I ever recall a Steelers team looking HELPLESS. It sickens me to even think it but it's true. The Pats were having their way with the D and knew it. I mean they didn't even look professional out there. Totally lost. They were the team we have all made fun of when it was the Browns. I don't think there is any chance to turn it around this season but I sure as hell hope we don't have to watch failure at that level again ever (or at least a very long time).
    You must not remember the first two games of the '89 season...

  6. #26
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You must not remember the first two games of the '89 season...
    Yeah, it is funny how people forget so quick. This game may have been the highest point total, but that one year when Baltimore put a BEATING on us and Ben was easily more sickening than this game. Or the AFCC game, when these same Cheats*, ran up the score after presumably taping our practices. Or even the game where Gannon threw about 75 pass attempts, because we were so inept at stopping it. Not to mention those two games in '89.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Yeah, it is funny how people forget so quick. This game may have been the highest point total, but that one year when Baltimore put a BEATING on us and Ben was easily more sickening than this game. Or the AFCC game, when these same Cheats*, ran up the score after presumably taping our practices. Or even the game where Gannon threw about 75 pass attempts, because we were so inept at stopping it. Not to mention those two games in '89.
    What's funnier is people that try to obfuscate by point out games that DIDN'T have the defense giving up 55 points and 611 yards. Yes, those games happened but NONE of them compare to this ass whoopin'.

  8. #28
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,152
    Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    If he didn't throw it, it would have most likely resulted in a safety.
    Watch the replay. He sidestepped that rusher.... he wasn't going to get sacked. It was completely unacceptable for him to throw that pass.

  9. #29
    Pro Bowler SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You must not remember the first two games of the '89 season...
    or the Tim Lewis era as Def. Cord.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •