Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Our beloved leader

  1. #11
    Backup
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Steambath, TX
    Posts
    161
    I still like Tomlin, but despite my screen name I can't defend this weekly nonsense he puts on the field.

    Tomlin inherited a team that was, for the most part, a well oiled machine that just needed maintenance and upkeep. He got success early but therin lies the start of the decline. I notice it in games too. Whenever a team scores quick it usually struggles to finish the game well, much like Houston last night or Oakland last week (they scored quick but we had a chance to win if we were a better team). You lose your hunger when it comes easy.

    I'm not ready to give up on him and I believe the Rooneys take a more long term approach then any fan ever will. What we are seeing is a very public display of what "complacency" and "coasting" gets you. Perhaps it will bring some humility and perspective.

    But for the moment our head coach is learning to wear his a$$ as a hat.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,546
    http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201311030208

    Tomlin threatens Steelers' jobs after 55-31 pasting by Patriots

    Threats are so weak. Just do it. We are looking at the fruits of a coach who has tried to please everybody, catering/being an older brother-like friend to his players.

  3. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201311030208

    Tomlin threatens Steelers' jobs after 55-31 pasting by Patriots

    Threats are so weak. Just do it. We are looking at the fruits of a coach who has tried to please everybody, catering/being an older brother-like friend to his players.
    Time to unleash hell on their jobs Hope some coaches are under scrutiny too.

  4. #14
    Backup Notleadpoisoned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NotPittsburgh
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    In a nutshell Tomlin is destroying the Steelers brand. "The standard is the standard" applies to Tomlin too in case he wasn't aware of it and this substandard product he is trying to sell us is trash.
    Giving up 55 points and 610 yards of total offense is most certainly substandard for this franchise. I can handle the losses to some extent but the setting of records for futility is really starting to agitate the crap out of me.

  5. #15
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,466
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    we are at a low point with Tomlin but I think it's something that happens to every coach when you have multiple SB appearances without a losing season.

    I wonder if the FO is shocked or if they all knew we were going to be sh!tty this year...

    This falls on Tomlin, Khan???, Colbert, Art, etc.... we've played the cap game for a while and it bit us in the azzz.
    We wouldn't have had to continue to overpay for these old players if Tomlin would actually develop some talent and when we have the talent, make sure we keep it.

  6. #16
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,466
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Time to unleash hell on their jobs Hope some coaches are under scrutiny too.
    These players need to understand that the standard is still the standard and they need to protect every blade of grass or their jobs will be at jeopardy.

    This combination of players/coaches are really setting one hell of a standard.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,546
    It is interesting though, how us and the Giants parallel in so many ways.

    1) Draft a franchise QB in '04
    2) Win two SBs with said franchise QB
    3) Having a putrid season in '13, highlighted by embarrassing blowout losses

    Though, I haven't been paying attention to them much, and they haven't had quite the record-setting futility that our team has had.

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It is interesting though, how us and the Giants parallel in so many ways.

    1) Draft a franchise QB in '04
    2) Win two SBs with said franchise QB
    3) Having a putrid season in '13, highlighted by embarrassing blowout losses

    Though, I haven't been paying attention to them much, and they haven't had quite the record-setting futility that our team has had.
    Giants lost to the Panthers 38-0...and Eli and the O has had 5 TO's in more than a few games...

    I live in Charlotte and a coworker is a Giants fan... trust me, we are definitely spoiled.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Ben was about to rip his WR off when ran the wrong late and the play resulted in 2 INT.

    Tomlin says to Ben "Just Let it Go"....WTF....Ben should have gone after his WR for running poor routes but Tomlin thinks otherwise...

    Tomlin is too friendly with his players...time for a change IMO...
    I so agree with that!!! Ben should have been in the WR face yelling WTF!!!! that clearly wasn't Ben's fault nor was the one where he had no room nor no time.....

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    I so agree with that!!! Ben should have been in the WR face yelling WTF!!!! that clearly wasn't Ben's fault nor was the one where he had no room nor no time.....
    Disagree BIG TIME. The time to "show leadership" isn't on the sideline. In fact, anytime I seeing outright yelling, imploring, etc. during a football game, that is the death knell for that team (that game). The time for accountability is during the week. Make guys accountable then... if they continue to make mistakes, bench them. If they make mistakes and have no redeeming value, CUT THEM. Yelling at the WR in the heat of the moment does nothing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •