Thread: Explain to me why...........

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Explain to me why...........

Someone explain why the Bills can run the ball with 3 of our Castaways (Legursky, Urbik & Summers) when they have crappy QBs. Oh and they also protect the QB. I really think COLBERT finds the talent but under TOMLIN our players just aren't developing???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Someone explain why the Bills can run the ball with 3 of our Castaways (Legursky, Urbik & Summers) when they have crappy QBs. Oh and they also protect the QB. I really think COLBERT finds the talent but under TOMLIN our players just aren't developing???
    uhm, Sid, I think it's something like that. Sort of why do our players get their butts kicked all the time and end up getting hurt? It's like someone is chanting evil towards our team all the time....but I tend to think they're ill-prepared...
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They've drafter players to fit the system and they've failed either in the the players they drafted or player development or both, likely both, especially on D and O lines, somewhat at LB, some grossly overpaid.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I will go on!! How do you cut DWYER and keep REDMAN??? how do you cut SYLVESTER and keep WILSON ....the talent evaluation is atrocious.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

fire the OL coach... and the OL scout...

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Colbert is as much to blame if not more. He's absolutely involved in personnel decisions. I'd bet he was involved in letting Urbik go. He's not finding talent - the last 5 years of drafts have stunk. I mean putrid. I don't think Gilbert or Adams have been under developed - they were over drafted and are not all that talented. He's also heavily involved with the Salary cap which in shambles.

I'd put him right up there near the top of the list for things going wrong with the organization.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Haley-Bicknell

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I watched some of that Bills game and they had success between the 20's but struggles in the RZ. The QB was also under pressure but like 29 other QB's in the NFL they chuck the ball out of bounds to avoid a sack.

People call Brady and Manning girlie men for avoiding hits but it's how 99% of the QB's play the game and unless you are 250 lbs and bigger than a LB it makes perfect sense IMO.