Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst Defensive Performance in My Lifetime

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Guys waht in the bloddy hell happened???? Couldn'tz watch the game. Four friggin touchdowns against us in the 4th quarter? That's gotta be some sort of a bad joke.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Töm87 View Post
    Guys waht in the bloddy hell happened???? Couldn'tz watch the game. Four friggin touchdowns against us in the 4th quarter? That's gotta be some sort of a bad joke.
    Senile fell asleep under the head phones like most elderly human beings. The game plan that worked with Allen covering Gronk two years ago was too good for him to follow, so he covered him with every player but him to the point that even Phil Simms mentioned twice. And senile was scared to blitz Brady like he does all great QBs and you get the end results summarizes this game in a nutshell.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I've been a Tomlin defender but I wouldn't have a problem with him being canned. But I can see an argument for keeping him also. If I was in the FO, my thinking would go along the lines of "Why did we make it to the SB twice under Tomlin and why have the wheels come off so quickly?"

I would bring some people in from outside (like Cowher, Parcells, etc) and consult with them. Get their opinions and then act accordingly. My gut right now tells me that Tomlin needs to go, but if I was making the decision I would be open to trying one more year with him provided changes were made at OC and DC.

It would be nice to think we can have Tomlin (or any coach) stay here for as long as Cowher or Noll did. It's almost a romantic notion at this point though. Coaches simply don't last thtat long at one team any more. Part of that is the win now mentality but I think it's also a function of how the league has changed. I think It's just harder to stay on top in today's NFL. And part of that may come down to hunger. This team is just not hungry enough.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Tomlin should be on the hot seat but fired? Hell no... I know the loss was bad last night but we have talked about this D for a while and I think it's finally time to admit we need to go in a new direction. The 3-4 isn't working due to every one else adopting it and the pickings are much slimmer. These kids aren't picking it up fast enough and the old heads are too old to keep up.

I'll keep saying this for the next few days:

3 SB appearances in 7 years... the odds of a losing season were much higher than a deep playoff run or SB appearance.

Administrator

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=feltdizz;581311]I think Tomlin should be on the hot seat but fired? Hell no... I know the loss was bad last night but we have talked about this D for a while and I think it's finally time to admit we need to go in a new direction. The 3-4 isn't working due to every one else adopting it and the pickings are much slimmer. These kids aren't picking it up fast enough and the old heads are too old to keep up.

I'll keep saying this for the next few days:

3 SB appearances in 7 years... the odds of a losing season were much higher than a deep playoff run or SB appearance.[/QUOTE]

You still refuse to see what is sooo glaringly obvious. You know it but you just don't want to admit it. Maybe, just maybe I give Tomlin 1 more year and that is being generous.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

people been begging for tomlin to be able to put his stamp on the team.....................well, here it is

Rookie

User Info Menu

Worst Steelers defense I've ever seen. They look old and tired. Kind of like their coordinator.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I believe the Defensive ineptitude in making plays is at the heart of this team's problems. Of course they caught a hot Pats offense.

I think the offensive line played its best game of the season. Ben had time to throw many times. His turnovers didn't help.

But we all knew (at least I did) when we were tied at 24-24 and at one point cut a bigger lead to 10 that our DEFENSE had no hope in stopping the patriots.

This defense problem started about 4 years ago. However, we now know the importance of and how GOOD Harrison, Hampton, Farrior, Smith, and even Foote were for this defense. Harrison, Hampton, Smith and Farrior were some of the top players at their position. Losing them has been huge.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    This defense problem started about 4 years ago. However, we now know the importance of and how GOOD Harrison, Hampton, Farrior, Smith, and even Foote were for this defense. Harrison, Hampton, Smith and Farrior were some of the top players at their position. Losing them has been huge.
    Whatever happened to the Steeler way of having the replacements waiting in the wings?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

4 years of complete bust drafts.