Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Worst Defensive Performance in My Lifetime

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,226
    Forget about your lifetime. This is historically the worst performance in the HISTORY of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They've never allowed this many points in a game EVER.

    And Brady had the third best passing game of his entire career.

    I watched thinking - wow, there are so very few players worth keeping. People pile on Haley but this defense is an absolute joke. They instill fear in no one. Teams watch film and can't wait to play against the Steelers. They are a laughing stock.

  2. #12
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    will some here finally hold tomlin accountable?

    I won't hold my breath
    ES: It's never the HC's fault around here. It's the OC, DC, ST, player execution, lack of talent, and of course Colbert's fault. Never... ever... can it be Tomlin's fault. It's non stop excuses...... the bottom line is... this team sucks and it starts and ends with the poor coaching all the way around.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014
    Blow up the team... from the top down. Accountability is always preached let us see some. I don't think anybody's job should be safe.... Including Colbert's.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer Flasteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on the water.
    Posts
    2,510
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    ES: It's never the HC's fault around here. It's the OC, DC, ST, player execution, lack of talent, and of course Colbert's fault. Never... ever... can it be Tomlin's fault. It's non stop excuses...... the bottom line is... this team sucks and it starts and ends with the poor coaching all the way around.
    Find me one person on this forum that will defend Tomlin at this point. My guess you won't.

    Let's see what he can do the rest of the way, but I see no way that he shouldn't be fired at the end of the year. Tomlin has led the Steelers to the darkest depths they've known since the 1960's...and he's managed to achieve that with a franchise quarterback. He's going to have to somehow earn his job back moving forward and I don't see how he can do it.



    "I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

    "Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."


    -Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

  5. #15
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Find me one person on this forum that will defend Tomlin at this point. My guess you won't.

    Let's see what he can do the rest of the way, but I see no way that he shouldn't be fired at the end of the year. Tomlin has led the Steelers to the darkest depths they've known since the 1960's...and he's managed to achieve that with a franchise quarterback. He's going to have to somehow earn his job back moving forward and I don't see how he can do it.
    I know 2 people immediately that will protect Tomlin and call you racist because you want him fired. lol

    In all honestly, I agree with you 110%. I've never seen a Steelers team so ill prepared. I've never seen a Steelers team that has talent and performs substandard to this extent. I've never seen a Steelers team that lacks motivation when it's impossible to NOT be motivated. It's simply incredible. I've never seen a team so consistently lacking a plan and lacking leadership.

  6. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,391
    I agree with the sentiment of Tomlin being the ultimate problem. When everything is wrong, only 1 guy is accountable for everything. And everyone else is accountable for their individual part as well. But with seemingly every part broken, I don't know how anyone can defend Tomlin at this point?

  7. #17
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I know 2 people immediately that will protect Tomlin and call you racist because you want him fired. lol

    In all honestly, I agree with you 110%. I've never seen a Steelers team so ill prepared. I've never seen a Steelers team that has talent and performs substandard to this extent. I've never seen a Steelers team that lacks motivation when it's impossible to NOT be motivated. It's simply incredible. I've never seen a team so consistently lacking a plan and lacking leadership.
    I was a Tomlin defender but after today , the game plan he had to approve from senile Dick I can't anymore. But before Mike get the axe Senile better get one first.

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,223
    Hard to understand why Gronk was single-covered by the smaller of our DB's, and with nobody jamming him at the LOS, for most of the 1st half, knowing that Brady has given Gronk the majority of his throws since Gronk returned, and then not adjusting quickly to what was happening for most of the 1st half.



    Never argue with stupid people.
    They will drag you down to their level
    and then sick beat you with their experience.




  9. #19
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,376
    Worst performance I've ever seen on defense was inback to back games in 1989. Lost to Cleve. 51-0 then Cincy 41-10...... That was a crazy season in that we were shut out twice that year, but Noll found a way to get through it and led the team to a 9-7 record and won a playoff game.. Almost made the SB.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  10. #20
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,376
    So, let the talk begin..... If Tomlin is fired, who do we hire? I'd be all for a Tony Dungy or even a Jon Gruden if they would decide to come out of retirement..... Cowher??
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •