Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking 4th and 36th in 2014 NFL Draft....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian View Post
    This draft is loaded with elite qb talent. After Ben's performance today we need to groom a new franchise qb.
    Elite according to who though? Our major flaw in drafting over the last few years has been drafting according to the "Mel Kiper Big Board" (i.e. picking guys who are generally considered top prospects... Mike Adams, Limas Sweed, Hood), and seemingly not doing own homework well enough.

So whether Taj Boyd, or Manziel, or Bridgewater, or Marriota is considered "elite" by other people... we need to figure out on our own (e.g. drafting Le'veon Bell when others were knocking him) whether a guy is a player or not.

Administrator

User Info Menu

This draft is loaded with elite qb talent. After Ben's performance today we need to groom a new franchise qb.
    I'm proud to be the one to respond to your 3,000 post

In all honesty, I tend to agree. One of the worst passes I've seen a Steelers QB make in a LOOONNNGG time was the pass that Ben threw 40 yards with apparently his eyes closed. I mean... what is THAT?!?! That just about made me sick to my stomach. I'm pretty sure the majority of us on this forum could throw that passes. I know damn well that I could. If you look at the replay, Ben legitimately didn't even look at WR. He blindly heaved a pass for no reason. I'm speechless.... I can't believe this team got so bad so quickly. And spare me on the "lack of talent" concept. This team does NOT lack the talent to warrant this record. No way. No how.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I'm proud to be the one to respond to your 3,000 post

In all honesty, I tend to agree. One of the worst passes I've seen a Steelers QB make in a LOOONNNGG time was the pass that Ben threw 40 yards with apparently his eyes closed. I mean... what is THAT?!?! That just about made me sick to my stomach. I'm pretty sure the majority of us on this forum could throw that passes. I know damn well that I could. If you look at the replay, Ben legitimately didn't even look at WR. He blindly heaved a pass for no reason. I'm speechless.... I can't believe this team got so bad so quickly. And spare me on the "lack of talent" concept. This team does NOT lack the talent to warrant this record. No way. No how.

He didn't look but either AB or Emmanuel ran the wrong route (couldnt see who)

The outside WR and Slot WR broke into the same route and nearly ran into each other, one of them ****ed up and it seems to have been the outside WR.

Judging by the area Ben threw to, and the Wrong route (The outside WR clearly was not supposed to break inside) It seems that the WR was supposed to run a deep out

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ...is not going to get this team turned around any time soon. Especially when the likes of Emmanuel Sanders, Brett Keisel, Ziggy Hood, Ryan Clark, Jericho Cotchery, Felix Jones, Guy Whimper, and Jason Worlids ( all Unrestricted free agents), will probably not be back. Also there is a strong possibility the Steelers will have to do some cutting from a list of Troy Polamalu, Ike Taylor, Lamarr Woodley, Heath Miller, Lawrence Timmons, and Maurkrice Pouncey. At best there is going to have to be some serious restructuring of some of those contracts. Steelers will have 41 players under contract that equate to be way over the cap next year. They are the 3rd highest team over it.
    Kiesel is gonna be 37, he'll need to go sooner or later. Ryan Clark is showing his age, let him walk and let Shark take his spot. Felix Jones? Will we really miss him? Guy Whimper? Jason Worilds? Those two are guys that should be gone anyway. Get an Elite LT, Move Valesco to Guard, reinsert Pouncey and we should be ok on the line.
    The guy that has to go is Steven Mclendon. Move him to End to take over for Kiesel and let an actual NT play that spot.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    He didn't look but either AB or Emmanuel ran the wrong route (couldnt see who)

The outside WR and Slot WR broke into the same route and nearly ran into each other, one of them ****ed up and it seems to have been the outside WR.

Judging by the area Ben threw to, and the Wrong route (The outside WR clearly was not supposed to break inside) It seems that the WR was supposed to run a deep out
    I'm not talking about that INT. I'm talking about the 1st one that was absolutely pathetic. The 1st one was entirely on Ben. It was beyond pathetic.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree Ben is on his downside.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What part of 400 yds 4 touchdowns with terrible blocking was his performance issue?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    What part of 400 yds 4 touchdowns with terrible blocking was his performance issue?
    I don't think Ben is playing well but I wouldn't replace him right now unless I could get Andrew Luck in return. We've got much bigger issues like coaching that I want to see addressed first.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    The 3 turnovers. The handful of passes that were way off the mark when he had time. The limp wristed screen passes he tries to lob awkwardly. Holding the ball too long and taking some sacks.

There's never any middle of the road with Ben. Everything he does is either magically magnificent or unbelievably horrible.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The 3 turnovers. The handful of passes that were way off the mark when he had time. The limp wristed screen passes he tries to lob awkwardly. Holding the ball too long and taking some sacks.

There's never any middle of the road with Ben. Everything he does is either magically magnificent or unbelievably horrible.
    You know that 2nd pick was the wr's fault running the wrong route. Yeah first pick was on him.
    There are many current Steelers who may not be 2014 Steelers but BR is still performing and performing at a high level. 50 pts and 600 yds against our D. I believe you may find some fault on that side of the ball if you're looking for a witch hunt.