Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking 4th and 36th in 2014 NFL Draft....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    You know that 2nd pick was the wr's fault running the wrong route. Yeah first pick was on him.
    There are many current Steelers who may not be 2014 Steelers but BR is still performing and performing at a high level. 50 pts and 600 yds against our D. I believe you may find some fault on that side of the ball if you're looking for a witch hunt.
    Why do you have to blame the D and not Ben or vice versa? Both deserve their criticism. As far as I'm concerned just about everyone short of Cotchery is a witch today

Ben's always been a little great and a little awful. And he's always been clutch for us and if the D could keep us in games, I think he could be clutch and pull some rabbits out of his butt when needed like he's always done. But the offense will always sputter throughout the game cause of Ben. It's just who he is. It's always been that way, even when he's won us rings.

Ben will always need a great D to be successful. And we don't have a great D and Ben isn't a QB that's gonna carry us without great D play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    You know that 2nd pick was the wr's fault running the wrong route. Yeah first pick was on him.
    There are many current Steelers who may not be 2014 Steelers but BR is still performing and performing at a high level. 50 pts and 600 yds against our D. I believe you may find some fault on that side of the ball if you're looking for a witch hunt.
    Anytime one player is at fault for multiple turnovers in multiple games there is reason to believe that player is not performing at a high level.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's obvious that Ben needs a big time WR. A bigger target that will amke some plays in the RZ as well. Now, whether that is a taller physical WR or another TE ala a Gronkowski type....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I don't think Ben is playing well but I wouldn't replace him right now unless I could get Andrew Luck in return. We've got much bigger issues like coaching that I want to see addressed first.
    This is the KEY issue. At this point in Ben's career (with Bradshaw's as comparison), I would say that we are more around 1979-80 (around when Bradshaw won the 4th ring), then we are 1983 (when his career actually ended).

Now I don't recall the particulars (too young to have known), but we apparently thought it prudent to pick Mark Malone in the '80 draft, when in fact Bradshaw would hold the job for a few more years after. I'm going to guess, that fact played a role, in passing Marino up in '83 (already having a young QB on the roster).

My point is, it is so imperative that we select on merit rather than anything else. Just because there is a "wealth" of QBs available next year, I agree with you that unless we see an Andrew Luck type, I pass.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agreed. And there are no Andrew Lucks in the next draft. I'll pass on all of them next year.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Get the OL together, get a new DC and things will fall into place.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Get the OL together, get a new DC and things will fall into place.
    You said it Shawn.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

There's only one thing to do. Total rebuliding mode.
    Given our horendous cap situation this team isn't going to be anywhere near being a contender the next 2-3 seasons.
    So get rid of as much high money players as possible. That's the only chance we'll be contending in 2-3 years again.
    If we keep dead meat like Woodley we'll be in for a a very long time without playoff football.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

The problem is, no matter how good Roetlisberger plays there's no chance we'll make the playoffs with that roster and cap situation. It simply doesn't make any sense to pay a quaterback 15 million a year when you have zero shot at contending. Rebuild has to start, and getting rid of Ben is part of it. It Burns my heart, i love Ben. But unless he is willing to take a massive paycut, he has to go.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian View Post
    This draft is loaded with elite qb talent. After Ben's performance today we need to groom a new franchise qb.
    Yeah, just like the Broncos needed to groom a new franchise QB after John Elway produced only 10 TD passes to 29 INTs/fumbles in 1992...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.