Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cameron Heyward

Legend

User Info Menu

Another good performance by Heyward.

Once again I ask, why did he get so little playing time the past couple of years?

Not only does this team have a hard time evaluating draft prospects, they seem to have a lot of difficulty evalutating the talent they have on their own team.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 11-10-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

can't be tomlins fault

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe he wouldn't have succeeded if we got him on the field earlier??? Maybe the timeline worked out as it should and we should just be happy he's playing well now. I'm impressed with the consistency we've gotten out of him.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Another good performance by Heyward.

Once again I ask, why did he get so little playing time the past couple of years?

Not only does this team have a hard time evaluating draft prospects, they seem to have a lot of difficulty evalutating the talent they have on their own team.
    Did you ever stop to think that players might actually IMPROVE after spending some time figuring out how to play in this league? Like maybe Heyward wasn't as good last season?

Of course had he started last year and not played well, he'd be written off completely by many in this fan base as a bust. Very few players come into this league NFL-ready.

I'm thrilled with how well Heyward's played this season. Now let's afford our other young players the same courtesy as they hopefully figure it out as well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Did you ever stop to think that players might actually IMPROVE after spending some time figuring out how to play in this league? Like maybe Heyward wasn't as good last season?

Of course had he started last year and not played well, he'd be written off completely by many in this fan base as a bust. Very few players come into this league NFL-ready.

I'm thrilled with how well Heyward's played this season. Now let's afford our other young players the same courtesy as they hopefully figure it out as well.
    Oh, c'mon man, now your just making sense...

Backup

User Info Menu

I think Heyward and Mclendon bookending a true 3-4 NT would be a very solid foundation for rebuilding our front seven.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    I think Heyward and Mclendon bookending a true 3-4 NT would be a very solid foundation for rebuilding our front seven.
    Bring up Arnfeldt (spelling?), and let him get some spot duty too. And don't forget letting Woods get some more playing time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Bring up Arnfeldt (spelling?), and let him get some spot duty too. And don't forget letting Woods get some more playing time.
    I would like to see what arnfelt and woods can do. woods looked huge physically against the opponents in preseason. a lot of good prospects on the def. line. including nick Williams who was put on IR I believe. also hebron fangupo.