Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Senile Dick

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Time for DL to step down & let Butler take his seat at the head of the table.
    I wouldn't necessarily promote Butler. He's been with DL so long, it may make it easy for him to continue on the path we're on. I'd prefer more of a shakeup.

Plus I'd prefer a more experienced guy who can bring some new fire into the organization and press Tomlin if he's still around.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily promote Butler. He's been with DL so long, it may make it easy for him to continue on the path we're on. I'd prefer more of a shakeup.

Plus I'd prefer a more experienced guy who can bring some new fire into the organization and press Tomlin if he's still around.
    Completely agree. I'd also pass on Butler if the plan is more of the same. We need a radical change on what we do and how we do it on defense. The league has figured out what we do now long ago.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer

I don't think path will be a problem. DL's blueprints have came to the last page. I'm sure Butler's D will have some of the same looks but I'm also sure his fingerprint will be seen. I actually think immediate & future results will be realized best with Butler.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I don't think path will be a problem. DL's blueprints have came to the last page. I'm sure Butler's D will have some of the same looks but I'm also sure his fingerprint will be seen. I actually think immediate & future results will be realized best with Butler.
    I think it would be the same ole same ole with Butler. The existing players would feel comfortable and I really don't want that. Plus Butler's unit has been under performing. What have his current unit of LBs done so well that he's shown he can handle more? Plus if we go outside the org, we can bring in someone with experience with personnel. That's another big area we're lacking and I don't see Butler helping us out here.

Tomlin needs some outside help if he sticks around.

Legend
    I think it would be the same ole same ole with Butler. The existing players would feel comfortable and I really don't want that. Plus Butler's unit has been under performing. What have his current unit of LBs done so well that he's shown he can handle more? Plus if we go outside the org, we can bring in someone with experience with personnel. That's another big area we're lacking and I don't see Butler helping us out here.

we brought in Haley from the outside... it comes down to coaching. We won't know if Butler has it until we give him a shot.

Legend

I think Tomlin needs to be given a free hand to hire the coordinators he wants. Do you really think he ever had a choice about keeping or letting LeBeau go? Not sure he had much of a choice in the Haley decision either?

The situation now dictates the Rooney's give Tomlin a totally free hand to do what he wants and he sinks or swims because of it.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think Tomlin needs to be given a free hand to hire the coordinators he wants. Do you really think he ever had a choice about keeping or letting LeBeau go? Not sure he had much of a choice in the Haley decision either?

The situation now dictates the Rooney's give Tomlin a totally free hand to do what he wants and he sinks or swims because of it.
    I'm so upset with Tomlin and his lip-service (i.e. talking a good game, seemingly doing nothing different), I would have no faith in him doing anything like hiring. He'd probably just hire a buddy like Raheem Morris. I would be in favor of Butler getting his chance.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Didn't Tomlin bring in the O-line and Special Teams coaches? O-line is an unmitigated disaster and special teams is mostly incompetent. Why would the ownership trust his coach picking instincts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Didn't Tomlin bring in the O-line and Special Teams coaches? O-line is an unmitigated disaster and special teams is mostly incompetent. Why would the ownership trust his coach picking instincts?
    If they don't trust Tomlin, then they need to fire him and hire a coach they can trust, then stay out of the new coach's way.

The Butler promotion has already been decided by the FO. He IS the future DC of our Steelers. The writing has been on the wall for awhile and everyone knows it.. including Tomlin, Lebeau and Butler himself.