Thread: Today we'll see...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Today we'll see...

The difference between a franchise quarterback and a guy who has been carried by his team...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben has been horrid. It's not even half and bozo accounts for two TO already. And I don't see the love affair with Troy, for every play he makes he makes five bad ones guessing.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Love Troy, but with his declining play, and his age, you have to think about moving him and his salary in the offseason.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Love Troy, but with his declining play, and his age, you have to think about moving him and his salary in the offseason.
    No one will want him at his current paycheck. He WILL make A LOT less money one way or another... the most likely is that he takes a substantial pay-cut and stays with us. Which basically screws us in a way, because he will always gamble (and lose more, as he ages). And his sidekick is atrocious.

So we will employ a scheme that is supposed to prevent big plays, while employing Safeties who will give nothing but big plays up.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How did a defensive player get thrust into the middle of a qb comparison thread?
    Go make a thread comparing how much better the safety that NE has is than Troy.

Legend

User Info Menu

yeah

ben was the problem today

lol

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    yeah

ben was the problem today

lol
    Those three turnovers are the problem. Week in and week out. pretend like it isn't. You can't lose the turnover battle and win a football game. You're an idiot if you think you can.

Legend

User Info Menu

you should really check the stats then, cause teams do win even when losing the turnover battle. shouldnt be too hard cause it happened last week in the detroit/dallas game.

aside from that. yes, TOs are a problem. as well as a lack of TOs being a problem from a defense etc etc

the defense allowed 55 points today. that was by far the biggest problem in the game

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

To get back on point with the thread topic, birt.... Brady will always win that battle because he's head and shoulders above Ben. The guy is a once in a lifetime player in that he's always been a student of the game. The guy's preparation for a game... a season... blah, blah...

His longevity will exceed Ben's by far. Some would argue because of the OL play throughout his career. But people are deluding themselves if they think Ben's strength is his ability to dissect a defense and stand behind a bubble of protection..... it has never been that. He didn't get his "gunslinger" monicker by being a pocket passer. His ability to stretch plays is/was his strong suit. Sandlot mentality has been his bread and butter... I have never heard anybody say that Ben is a filmroom junkie.

Do I think that is a bad thing? Nope,.... just an observation that Ben has reached his ceiling (years ago). I see Brady being like Favre in that he will still be effective when he's older. I think Ben may have 1 more season in him. His body language and demeanor "appears" spent. I don't see anger and fire when he stumbles... I see exasperation and defeat. Just an armchair opinion.