Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade Ben now!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Töm87 View Post
    I love Ben, still do, admire him as a player. But we have to face the reailty of the situation. We can't afford to pay a quaterback 15 million a year while having zero chances of contending for the Super Bowl. Even if Ben had career years the next couple of years, this wouldn't put us anywhere near a contending team. Not with that roster and that cap situation. It's total rebuild mode. The longer we wait, the longer our misery will last. So we better start now. It hurts my heart. But it's time to end this. We went on a beautiful ride with ben 9 years ago. But this ride is over now. A new team has to emerge. If Ben is not taking a pay cut, he can't be a part of it. I am sorry but that's the reality of the situation.
    I have to agree sadly...

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Töm87 View Post
    I love Ben, still do, admire him as a player. But we have to face the reailty of the situation. We can't afford to pay a quaterback 15 million a year while having zero chances of contending for the Super Bowl. Even if Ben had career years the next couple of years, this wouldn't put us anywhere near a contending team. Not with that roster and that cap situation. It's total rebuild mode. The longer we wait, the longer our misery will last. So we better start now. It hurts my heart. But it's time to end this. We went on a beautiful ride with ben 9 years ago. But this ride is over now. A new team has to emerge. If Ben is not taking a pay cut, he can't be a part of it. I am sorry but that's the reality of the situation.
    This holds truth if Steelers can find a decent QB in coming draft.

Looking and Tomlin-Colbert draft records for last 5 years or so do you really believe they can draft a franchise QB??? They are horrible in talent evaluation.

I would prefer giving Ben 15 million over drafting QB in Rd 1 who could turn out to be another Matt Lienart.

First thing i would do is sack Colbert-Tomlin. And look into scouting department.

A franchise LT, a tall WR and decent NT Steelers are right into it.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE