Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: Bell vs Dwyer

  1. #21
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Bell will be fine, IMO. Of course he still has things to work on. He is a rook after all. The blocking will get better. He will improve on the little things that will bring his average up a bit and we will have a consistent RB. We can then bring in Jones or Dwyer for the odd burst.
    There's still a couple blocks he misses each game to put Ben in a bad position. I get that he's the future at the position for us and I expect he'll get better. But for now, it seems like Dwyer would give this team a better chance to keep Ben upright and making a few more plays that might keep a few more drives alive and prevent a few turnovers. RB blocking might be the little bit this team needs to get over the hump to help Ben win some more games.

    Just saying. If Tomlin's gonna bench JJ for Worilds, why not put Dwyer ahead of Bell too? Worilds really hasn't done much of anything to deserve the promotion. Dwyer has imho.

  2. #22
    The substitute running back always looks good, coming into a game fresh against a worn down defense. Remember the success that Redman had a few years ago?

    Like Redman, Dwyer is not a feature back. He's a decent guy to have in the backfield, but from what I've seen, Bell is the more talented and is more capable of being the primary guy.

  3. #23
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,757
    Dwyer is a good situational back, in the same mold as Amos Z, Fu, Richard Huntley, and Isaac Redman. Limit their load and use them as a change of pace back. What I'd like to see is Dwyer in as a fullback on some plays. He gives a threat of a quick hitter as well as having decent blocking ability. But he'd be much better suited as a decoy/quick hitter.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    There's still a couple blocks he misses each game to put Ben in a bad position. I get that he's the future at the position for us and I expect he'll get better. But for now, it seems like Dwyer would give this team a better chance to keep Ben upright and making a few more plays that might keep a few more drives alive and prevent a few turnovers. RB blocking might be the little bit this team needs to get over the hump to help Ben win some more games.

    Just saying. If Tomlin's gonna bench JJ for Worilds, why not put Dwyer ahead of Bell too? Worilds really hasn't done much of anything to deserve the promotion. Dwyer has imho.
    Bell produces...Worilds was not producing...

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,757
    Worilds as what 12 sacks in 14 starts? or something like that. I think he runs himself out of too many plays though.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  6. #26
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,414
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The substitute running back always looks good, coming into a game fresh against a worn down defense. Remember the success that Redman had a few years ago?

    Like Redman, Dwyer is not a feature back. He's a decent guy to have in the backfield, but from what I've seen, Bell is the more talented and is more capable of being the primary guy.
    I just don't see the complete game yet in Bell. Bell gets 3.3 YPC. Dwyer's a 4.3 YPC back over his short career. Bell's bigger, but Dwyer's still the more physical runner. And Dwyer does a better job picking up free blitzers in the backfield. The only knock on Dwyer was he was fat and out of shape up until this year. And nothing else will get a guy in Tomlin and Steeler Nation's dog house faster and more permanently than being out of shape.

  7. #27
    If Jarvis Jones and Vince Williams can learn on the fly, then so can Le'Veon Bell. I'd use Jonathan Dwyer as a goal-line and short-yardage RB.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The substitute running back always looks good, coming into a game fresh against a worn down defense. Remember the success that Redman had a few years ago?

    Like Redman, Dwyer is not a feature back. He's a decent guy to have in the backfield, but from what I've seen, Bell is the more talented and is more capable of being the primary guy.
    The point about Dwyer is not just his running burst when he subs in, but also his pass blocking, which has been very solid, I'd say the best of any of the RBs. With a line this bad, I think that would be wise to give some more snaps to Dwyer, and hopefully allow him to pick up that extra rusher who always seems to be coming free off the snap.

    Ideally, I'd like to see a breakdown somewhere around 60% Bell, 30% Dwyer, 10% Jones. This past week, Bell was 68%, Jones 16%, Dwyer 15%. I'm too lazy to look up the rest of the season, but this sounds about right since Bell returned.

  9. #29
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,718
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I just don't see the complete game yet in Bell. Bell gets 3.3 YPC. Dwyer's a 4.3 YPC back over his short career. Bell's bigger, but Dwyer's still the more physical runner. And Dwyer does a better job picking up free blitzers in the backfield. The only knock on Dwyer was he was fat and out of shape up until this year. And nothing else will get a guy in Tomlin and Steeler Nation's dog house faster and more permanently than being out of shape.
    Right on the mark!
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #30
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,644
    I would continue to play both .... as well as Felix Jones. There is room for all 3 on this roster IMO.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •