Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have just about had it...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Backup

User Info Menu

I have just about had it...

...with this sham of a team. With season on the line and playing an Oakland Raiders team that is far from good, the Steelers absolutely sh!t the bed. WTF is 56 doing on the first play? He doesn't even acknowledge Pryor BEFORE the hand off to McFadden. After a week of film room break-down, and on-field practice, this is how 56 starts the game? If Tomlin or LeBeau had any balls, they should have benched his lazy, sorry azz for the rest of the game!! This is inexcusable. For a rookie to make that mistake is possibly understandable, but 56 is a seasoned vet making huge $$. It SCREAMS pathetic!! 56 is quoted as saying..."I thought McFadden had the ball..." Are you kidding me 56? This is not a Steeler!! This is a friggin loser!! I dispise his attitude, and absolutely hope and pray he gets released or traded prior to next season. You might as well add 96, 25, and 93 to the list of released/traded because they all friggin stink. 25 just needs to leave the team and join Gameday on ESPN. Mr. 7 is a disaster!! He's been to three Bowls, and won two. 7 has seen it all, and done it all, so many times before. Marcia Brady has a worse WR corp and is still 6-2! Brady give a sh!t. Ben just doesn't care anymore. There's no emotion from him, and he never gets pissed off at anybody!! I don't care that the o-line stinks. Ben played behind a comparably bad o-line in 08 and won the Bowl. Ben doesn't rally the team. There is a disconnect between him, his teammate, and Haley. He's on his own island, is simply sipping a cocktail, and has no cares in the world. I don't think he wants to WIN anymore. Here's to a 2-14 record, and the first pick in the draft.
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

56 was fooled by the pulling guard. BUT in preparation they should have used the RAVENS game plan against the read option. Backside shouldn't be responsible for making that tackle, so backside should have SMACKED the QB regardless. Was that on 56 or was that on lack of preparation??? AND I am with you. 25 is DONE. As for BEN?? I'm not ready to dump him today until we actually have an Andrew Luck in line.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Ben has lost his mojo..... which, unfortunately was a big part of what made him successful early in his career.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I think Ben has lost his mojo..... which, unfortunately was a big part of what made him successful early in his career.
    I've had the thought that Ben lost some of his Mojo down in Georgia, but then this ineptness is a team effort from the Owner and GM down to whoever is above the waterboy on the depth chart.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    56 was fooled by the pulling guard. BUT in preparation they should have used the RAVENS game plan against the read option. Backside shouldn't be responsible for making that tackle, so backside should have SMACKED the QB regardless. Was that on 56 or was that on lack of preparation??? AND I am with you. 25 is DONE. As for BEN?? I'm not ready to dump him today until we actually have an Andrew Luck in line.
    Not true at all. Woodley was responsible for the RB while Timmons was to shift over and take Pryor. There are articles all over the internet talking about this. I can't believe nobody here has seen them:

[url]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/10/woodley-not-to-blame-for-failing-to-contain-pryor-on-long-td-run/[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Not true at all. Woodley was responsible for the RB while Timmons was to shift over and take Pryor. There are articles all over the internet talking about this. I can't believe nobody here has seen them:

[URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/10/woodley-not-to-blame-for-failing-to-contain-pryor-on-long-td-run/[/URL]
    Good link.
    Yup, it seems pretty obvious that Woodley reacted properly to the play... AND, Timmons and Clark failed woefully at their assignment. It also was a well-conceived play as, in addition to the Guard movement, 45 was in position to get a nice block on Timmons. That doesn't excuse Timmons, but I think mitigates his mistake to a small degree. Clark's play on this is inexcusable.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Good link.
    Yup, it seems pretty obvious that Woodley reacted properly to the play... AND, Timmons and Clark failed woefully at their assignment. It also was a well-conceived play as, in addition to the Guard movement, 45 was in position to get a nice block on Timmons. That doesn't excuse Timmons, but I think mitigates his mistake to a small degree. Clark's play on this is inexcusable.
    Timmons took a bad step and should have made the play. They practiced that play all week. The play was designed to have Timmons blast Pryor. Woodley was to take the RB which would force Pryor to keep the ball. Then Timmons was to shift and destroy Pryor. Timmons just didn't do what he practiced all week. Then Clark takes a horrible angle and then it's Katie bar the door.

Backup

User Info Menu

[URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/10/woodley-not-to-blame-for-failing-to-contain-pryor-on-long-td-run/[/URL]
    I'm calling BS. 56 should still be aware of the fake, and I still think he is a fat, lazy, cocky bastard! But if that is the case, and 56 has the dive-back, then the design of the defense is woefully inept. 94 would have never made the play because 45 had him blocked EASILY. That defensive scheme was down-right horrific, if you ask me. LeBeau needs to remove his head from his ass if he tries to defend the read-option like that. 25 is a friggin joke! Never thought he would end his Steelers career in MY dog house. The veterans on this team are KILLING us! Just go down the list. They are as soft and scared as I have ever seen any team in the league. They can't even beat bad teams!! JD
    Last edited by JDSteeler; 11-03-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler View Post
    I'm calling BS. 56 should still be aware of the fake, and I still think he is a fat, lazy, cocky bastard! But if that is the case, and 56 has the dive-back, then the design of the defense is woefully inept. 94 would have never made the play because 45 had him blocked EASILY. That defensive scheme was down-right horrific, if you ask me. LeBeau needs to remove his head from his ass if he tries to defend the read-option like that. 25 is a friggin joke! Never thought he would end his Steelers career in MY dog house. The veterans on this team are KILLING us! Just go down the list. They are as soft and scared as I have ever seen any team in the league. They can't even beat teams bad teams!! JD
    Sorry you can't understand what the players themselves are explaining to you. The EXACT same play happened later in the game and it went for nothing. Woodley's job is to force the read. He wants to the QB to keep the ball. Also the vets aren't the only ones killing us. Where the hell is Jones? That's right he was benched because he sucks so bad. Where is Hood, Allen or Adams? All these great young players are doing so well...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If WOODLEY was responsible why did he hesitate during the fake?? I don't care what this article says.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!