Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have just about had it...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler View Post
    I'm calling BS. 56 should still be aware of the fake, and I still think he is a fat, lazy, cocky bastard! But if that is the case, and 56 has the dive-back, then the design of the defense is woefully inept. 94 would have never made the play because 45 had him blocked EASILY. That defensive scheme was down-right horrific, if you ask me. LeBeau needs to remove his head from his ass if he tries to defend the read-option like that. 25 is a friggin joke! Never thought he would end his Steelers career in MY dog house. The veterans on this team are KILLING us! Just go down the list. They are as soft and scared as I have ever seen any team in the league. They can't even beat teams bad teams!! JD
    Sorry you can't understand what the players themselves are explaining to you. The EXACT same play happened later in the game and it went for nothing. Woodley's job is to force the read. He wants to the QB to keep the ball. Also the vets aren't the only ones killing us. Where the hell is Jones? That's right he was benched because he sucks so bad. Where is Hood, Allen or Adams? All these great young players are doing so well...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CapCrash View Post
    This board is hilarious and downright sad. I've read it and laughed, if John wants to try and get me in trouble so be it. If John had any pride he would have let the Crash poll (which I was winning btw) stand on it's own merit.

I'll address three laughable points brought up this week:

Point 1. By the esteemed owner of this website, and the OP in the thread: Why doesn't Ben study pictures on the sideline or converse with Haley or coaches?

Here's Ben in week one with a coach

Here's Ben in week one with Manny

Here's Ben in week three with players and speaking to Coach Haley

Here's Ben in Oakland again with Manny

Now who is that wearing #7? Pete Gonzalez?

I sent those same images to this website's Twitter page. I gave John the chance to gain credibility by him coming on this website and admitting he's wrong. Did he? Nope.

Point 2. Ben said the Patriots game is a must win.

Um, no, he didn't. He was asked something along the lines of "Can a good performance up there (New England) be something that turns around your season?"

Ben's answer, and I quote:

“Every game for us right now is a must win and an important, pivotal game for the season.”

Which is EXACTLY what he should say in that instance.

But Ed Bouchette, the Noll era relic? Flat out took the words out of context and posted his own quote/thought on Twitter, which is what NFL Network and the rest of social media ran with.

Point 3. Ben doesn't want to win anymore.

That is the most downright comical thing I've ever read, here or anywhere else. Ben wants to win, but Ben isn't put in position to win.

Case in point, the first play of the game in Oakland: Two wide and two tight ends, Ben incomplete on first down throwing deep left, which he really hasn't done well in his career and for some reason Haley insists on it.

Now the fun begins, the Steelers have 2nd and 10 from their own 20, they have 3 TEs, a RB, and Brown on the field. They took out Sanders and Paulson and added TE/FB Will Johnson and another TE.

Here is the play in question, #26 Bell is in the backfield blocking, so you can't see him.

That's right people, look at it and hang your head, that's 330 pound OFFENSIVE TACKLE Mike Adams running a pass pattern. And you guys wonder why this offense stinks? Can you imagine the embarrassment, shame, and laughter they must have had in the huddle (and in the film review Monday) when Haley called that play and they knew Adams was going to run a pass pattern? That was the play that Haley came up with? Are you %^&*() serious?

Only Mark Kaboly from the Trib had the nerve to mention this play in print. Bouchette, Cook, Dulac, Robinson, all the Noll era guys who had a working relationship with DICK Haley, didn't say a word.

If Tomlin had any guts left? That would have been Haley's last play-call on that staff. Haley can stay as OC if Rooney wants him there, but I do not let him call plays.

And if Tomlin isn't allowed to do that? Tomlin should walk away himself.

Ben doesn't want to win? For the first 45 minutes in every game he's not put in position to win.

Then in the final 15, Ben and the wides go on the field (Paulson and the Johnson go to the bench where they belong) and are expected to steal wins.

And when they don't? Threads like this are created.

Realize what this is people: Art II devaluing Ben to justify not paying him. I don't think they can flat out trade Ben without his "help" if the CBA is the same as it used to be, so what will actually happen without Ben's help is they will release him. When Gerry Dulac, who works for the STEELERS APPROVED radio network, is writing articles blaming Ben's contract, which he signed over 5 years ago, and not the 2006-2009 drafts for "draining their talent"? It's not hard to figure out where this is heading.

Only 9 games left. The accused rapist won't be here anymore.

Then you'll see how a QB gets treated with respect and valued, when Ben's winning a ring with Fitz in Arizona.

I'm done posting here, you want to talk football on a site that allows it's owner to be disagreed with? You know where I am. @SteelersCrash on Twitter too.

Adios!
    Free crash!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Free crash!
    DD's gonna take out ur knee now Pouncey!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Not true at all. Woodley was responsible for the RB while Timmons was to shift over and take Pryor. There are articles all over the internet talking about this. I can't believe nobody here has seen them:

[URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/10/woodley-not-to-blame-for-failing-to-contain-pryor-on-long-td-run/[/URL]
    If WOODLEY was responsible why did he hesitate during the fake?? I don't care what this article says.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CapCrash View Post
    This board is hilarious and downright sad. I've read it and laughed, if John wants to try and get me in trouble so be it. If John had any pride he would have let the Crash poll (which I was winning btw) stand on it's own merit.

I'll address three laughable points brought up this week:

Point 1. By the esteemed owner of this website, and the OP in the thread: Why doesn't Ben study pictures on the sideline or converse with Haley or coaches?

Here's Ben in week one with a coach

Here's Ben in week one with Manny

Here's Ben in week three with players and speaking to Coach Haley

Here's Ben in Oakland again with Manny

Now who is that wearing #7? Pete Gonzalez?

I sent those same images to this website's Twitter page. I gave John the chance to gain credibility by him coming on this website and admitting he's wrong. Did he? Nope.

Point 2. Ben said the Patriots game is a must win.

Um, no, he didn't. He was asked something along the lines of "Can a good performance up there (New England) be something that turns around your season?"

Ben's answer, and I quote:

“Every game for us right now is a must win and an important, pivotal game for the season.”

Which is EXACTLY what he should say in that instance.

But Ed Bouchette, the Noll era relic? Flat out took the words out of context and posted his own quote/thought on Twitter, which is what NFL Network and the rest of social media ran with.

Point 3. Ben doesn't want to win anymore.

That is the most downright comical thing I've ever read, here or anywhere else. Ben wants to win, but Ben isn't put in position to win.

Case in point, the first play of the game in Oakland: Two wide and two tight ends, Ben incomplete on first down throwing deep left, which he really hasn't done well in his career and for some reason Haley insists on it.

Now the fun begins, the Steelers have 2nd and 10 from their own 20, they have 3 TEs, a RB, and Brown on the field. They took out Sanders and Paulson and added TE/FB Will Johnson and another TE.

Here is the play in question, #26 Bell is in the backfield blocking, so you can't see him.

That's right people, look at it and hang your head, that's 330 pound OFFENSIVE TACKLE Mike Adams running a pass pattern. And you guys wonder why this offense stinks? Can you imagine the embarrassment, shame, and laughter they must have had in the huddle (and in the film review Monday) when Haley called that play and they knew Adams was going to run a pass pattern? That was the play that Haley came up with? Are you %^&*() serious?

Only Mark Kaboly from the Trib had the nerve to mention this play in print. Bouchette, Cook, Dulac, Robinson, all the Noll era guys who had a working relationship with DICK Haley, didn't say a word.

If Tomlin had any guts left? That would have been Haley's last play-call on that staff. Haley can stay as OC if Rooney wants him there, but I do not let him call plays.

And if Tomlin isn't allowed to do that? Tomlin should walk away himself.

Ben doesn't want to win? For the first 45 minutes in every game he's not put in position to win.

Then in the final 15, Ben and the wides go on the field (Paulson and the Johnson go to the bench where they belong) and are expected to steal wins.

And when they don't? Threads like this are created.

Realize what this is people: Art II devaluing Ben to justify not paying him. I don't think they can flat out trade Ben without his "help" if the CBA is the same as it used to be, so what will actually happen without Ben's help is they will release him. When Gerry Dulac, who works for the STEELERS APPROVED radio network, is writing articles blaming Ben's contract, which he signed over 5 years ago, and not the 2006-2009 drafts for "draining their talent"? It's not hard to figure out where this is heading.

Only 9 games left. The accused rapist won't be here anymore.

Then you'll see how a QB gets treated with respect and valued, when Ben's winning a ring with Fitz in Arizona.

I'm done posting here, you want to talk football on a site that allows it's owner to be disagreed with? You know where I am. @SteelersCrash on Twitter too.

Adios!
    HALEY SUCKS!!! I think 5 defenders are keying on HEATH on this play. What a disgrace!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There is Big Ben tall WR 6'7" Mike Adams....

what a pathetic play-design...to they practice such crap???Haley is a joke...I would have canned him in OAK itself...

I hope Ben gets traded to Arizona...gives him a chance to win 1 more SB.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Great post Crash....

Where is the crowd who said Ben does not study pictures...In hiding i guess...
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    If WOODLEY was responsible why did he hesitate during the fake?? I don't care what this article says.
    I still blame Woodley too. The whole defense was on the other side to make the play if it went to the RB. I think at least 5 guys coulda made the tackle for little gain if McFadden had the ball.

Woodley should have only crashed the RB if he was sure he had the ball. I think that was the hesitation. And I think he screwed the pooch on the play.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Free crash!

Nice post by crash there.

That was Haley's trick play I guess. What if it had worked? Low percentages and all. It would require Ben to throw very quickly though..

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Look... Last season, when I herd we hired Hailey as our OC, I was very excited. Living in AZ for most of my life, I had been a little bit familiar with him when he was with the cardinals and saw how their offense could score and put up yards. Then when he went to KC, we saw that team make the playoffs in a short period of time under his reign there. Now, however, as I look what is happening to Pittsburgh, and what happened in KC and in AZ as well, I see this guy has a very short fuse of success. Everyone around him seems to be disengaged and its becoming apparent that he is not the right fit. My buddy, who is from Kansas city and who has lived there most his life, warned me before this season that he would ruin any good going on and we would all be yelling for his head soon enough... I laughed at the time and actually believed that he was a good coach and thought ben would have one of his best years of his career so far.... man I know there are other issues going on other than just coaching.. but hailey blows, flat out fvcking blows...I am still a hopeless optimist however when it comes to my Pittsburgh sports teams... I still want a winner in us with whoever it may be....