Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Eagles Owner says getting a Franchise QB a priority!!!!

  1. #21
    Why are we having this discussion? The Steelers won't consider it.

  2. #22
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Why are we having this discussion? The Steelers won't consider it.
    It's so DeeDub can talk about more draft picks. I can see the fun in that

  3. #23
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Why not? They aint going anywhere with the ones they have. And Tony Romo's time is running out. And if ever there was and owner who acted on desperation, it's Jerry Jones.
    No Steeler star should ever play for the Cowboys. Never. It just is not right.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS






  4. #24
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    OK so having this franchise QB means what? 3-13? 4-12? 5-11? I could understand if this team where in the thick of winning again. They are far removed from that and getting very little return on having a franchise QB right now.
    Having a franchise QB means having an inflated opportunity to win Super Bowls. We all knew this team was headed for transition with the recent loss of leadership on both sides of the ball. All we need to do is regain some consistency on the OL and Big Ben will be right there, more mature, to lead this team back into the playoffs. I don't see how turning the most important position into a question mark will lead us anywhere.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  5. #25
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,841
    Dallas was 1-15...

  6. #26
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Why not? They aint going anywhere with the ones they have. And Tony Romo's time is running out. And if ever there was and owner who acted on desperation, it's Jerry Jones.
    Stafford is the real deal IMO. Detroit is set at QB for awhile. Also don't think Romo is the problem in Dallas so I don't see any changes happening there.

    As for the thread, I've already made it clear what I think of trading Ben. I guess you're just going to keep on making new threads about the same thing though, regardless?
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  7. #27
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    Stafford is the real deal IMO. Detroit is set at QB for awhile. Also don't think Romo is the problem in Dallas so I don't see any changes happening there.

    As for the thread, I've already made it clear what I think of trading Ben. I guess you're just going to keep on making new threads about the same thing though, regardless?
    See, this is where the problem lies. We see things differently. You say Matthew Stafford is "the real deal", and I see him as 22-31 as an NFL starter in 4 1/2 years in the league. He is just barely over a 60% career passer (60.2%), and has managed to lead his team to one playoff game his entire time he has been the QB for the Detroit Lions. And he lost that game 10-7. Far from the real deal to me. And he didnt just get in this league. This si year 5 for him.

    eniparaquat, let's see what the general consensus with Steeler Nation at the end of this season. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot more who believe that it is best for the franchise to at least shop him.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  8. #28
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    See, this is where the problem lies. We see things differently. You say Matthew Stafford is "the real deal", and I see him as 22-31 as an NFL starter in 4 1/2 years in the league. He is just barely over a 60% career passer (60.2%), and has managed to lead his team to one playoff game his entire time he has been the QB for the Detroit Lions. And he lost that game 10-7. Far from the real deal to me. And he didnt just get in this league. This si year 5 for him.
    I think he's out of the woods now and just took time to come into his own. I know Megatron is obviously a factor, but I believe Stafford is now one of the better QBs in the league. Only time will tell however.

    eniparaquat, let's see what the general consensus with Steeler Nation at the end of this season. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot more who believe that it is best for the franchise to at least shop him.
    eniparaquat? Seriously? How old are you for real?

    If Ben keeps playing like he has everyone will want to run him out of town. That doesn't mean it's a good idea. So what's your point? Consensus isn't synonymous with being right...Dee Flub lol.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  9. #29
    "Eagles Owner says getting a Franchise QB a priority!!!!"

    Don't know if Nick Foles will be considered a "franchise quarterback," but he had a game like one last Sunday...

  10. #30
    Backup The Man of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dahntahn
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    "Eagles Owner says getting a Franchise QB a priority!!!!"

    Don't know if Nick Foles will be considered a "franchise quarterback," but he had a game like one last Sunday...
    Google Scott Mitchell and/or Matt Flynn before annointing Foles as a franchise anything.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •