Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Enjoy Watching These Steelers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Do You Enjoy Watching These Steelers?

For me, it's still the best 3 hours of the week. But I feel kinda insane admitting that.

I watch keenly for any glimmers of hope. Anything to build on. But as the weeks go on, I feel more and more like I'm watching the last 20 seasons of the Pirates. I get my hopes up. I convince myself we've got a talented roster and some special players that will finally get us over the hump. But we all know deep down, it's gonna be a mess. Something's gonna go wrong. Someone's gonna get hurt, miss a tackle, miss a throw, miss a block, miss a catch, make a dumb play call. And it's all going to be orchestrated in such a way that it seems like you couldn't be that bad/unfortunate if you tried.

Why do we become so addicted to things that we know aren't good for us? Why can't I walk away from this train wreck? Why can't we just be like Bengal fans and stop watching until they're good again? I feel so helpless.

At the same time I kinda feel like we're only 2 losses back from the Bengals now with a lot of games to play. And we can still somehow go 11-5

Rookie

User Info Menu

Yes, because they are the only Steelers we have...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In the immortal words of John Facenda....."There are 31 teams in pro football...And then, there are the Pittsburgh Steelers."
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I still enjoy it. In a sense, the games are easier. I have low expectations at this point so I'm watching specific players to see development and wait for the "boy Troy really does look healthy" moment. I watched then (not often) in the 80's when they were terrible and I'll keep watching them.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Starter

User Info Menu

As Steeler fans,we 've enjoyed great football for many years. I would never turn my back on them when things get tough. I enjoy every game,because the season passes by too quickly.We are already at the half way point this week.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I supported the Pirates through2 decades of losing baseball so watching these Steelers stink isn't all that bad in comparison.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes. Does that make me a sadomasochist?

Got to say, though I still do enjoy watching them, I don't enjoy watching them nearly as much as I did when they were a winning team...

Backup

User Info Menu

Flippy I am with you. I would say you took the letters right off my keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    For me, it's still the best 3 hours of the week. But I feel kinda insane admitting that.

I watch keenly for any glimmers of hope. Anything to build on. But as the weeks go on, I feel more and more like I'm watching the last 20 seasons of the Pirates. I get my hopes up. I convince myself we've got a talented roster and some special players that will finally get us over the hump. But we all know deep down, it's gonna be a mess. Something's gonna go wrong. Someone's gonna get hurt, miss a tackle, miss a throw, miss a block, miss a catch, make a dumb play call. And it's all going to be orchestrated in such a way that it seems like you couldn't be that bad/unfortunate if you tried.

Why do we become so addicted to things that we know aren't good for us? Why can't I walk away from this train wreck? Why can't we just be like Bengal fans and stop watching until they're good again? I feel so helpless.

At the same time I kinda feel like we're only 2 losses back from the Bengals now with a lot of games to play. And we can still somehow go 11-5

Backup

User Info Menu

Flip,gotta agree, Everyone in my house knows that nothing short of a fire or serious injury to a kid is getting me away from the TV. I cannot give up on this team but it is also the most frustrating time of the week more often than not this year but hey we still got 9 games left to change that.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm torn on how to answer this question. I can say that I'm excited (yes excited) for this weekend's game and I get pumped each weekend to watch them play. But I also have to admit that there is a level of frustration I've not felt in some time.

Enough time has passed that we now know the drafting over many years has been horrible. Multiple early picks are not players. That's disheartening. The personnel moves in general have been head-scratching strange all year. (Ex:Mesko).

I did not enjoy the Vikings game nor the Raiders game. As a team, they looked as if they would rather be anywhere else in the world than playing Minnesota. Totally unprepared and uninspired. Failure by players and coaching staff. The Vikings downright suck. Ridiculous to lose that game. The Raiders game was about the same. No sense of urgency against a terrible, easily beatable team. That was a must-win and again the team seemed not to be aware of that fact or even care.

I see 8-8 as the absolute best they do this season, and as post now; I think they lose 4-5 more games this year.