Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When is the right time to focus on player development/evaluation more than winning?

Legend

User Info Menu

When is the right time to focus on player development/evaluation more than winning?

Never? Only when you're mathematically eliminated from the post-season? Or just realistically eliminated?

Now?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Now! This season is lost so set up for success in the future.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

At this point, the Steelers would have to go 5-2 in the next seven games just to get back to .500. Does anyone really see that happening with this team?

I agree with Oviedo.

Backup

User Info Menu

Not a chance that happens until we are mathematically eliminated...that is loser mentality.

We will play the players that give us the best chance of winning every week...at least for now.

11-5 here we come...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Realistically, now.

But, the Steelers will have to consider it after two or three more loses.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the official line will be never. But haven't they already been doing this to some extent? Players have been shuffled in and out of the lineup and in various positions in the lineup week to week.

Starter

User Info Menu

If they haven't done it to this point, why would they do this now?
    [URL]http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg[/URL]
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Like!! 5 years ago???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    Not a chance that happens until we are mathematically eliminated...that is loser mentality.

We will play the players that give us the best chance of winning every week...at least for now.

11-5 here we come...
    Really? Great "pep band" mentality but totally unrealistic. This team is not going to magically fix the flaws we have seen through 7 games. That will only happen for the future if we develop the future now and not give time away to players who won't be wearing the uniform in the future.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Winning is the point of every single NFL regular season game. That doesn't mean that some of these other things can't happen as well to a measure, but the eye is always on winning. Every time.