Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben and Tomlin Give Antonio a Talking To

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben and Tomlin Give Antonio a Talking To

Wed, 30 Oct 2013 07:17:48 -0700
    Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger recently had a talk with WR Antonio Brown about his complaints on the sideline. He said on a local radio show that he told Brown if he's going to complain on the sideline, he needs to make the big plays when they are there for him. Head coach Mike Tomlin also mentioned Brown's mishaps in his Week 8 post-game press conference. "We came away from that drive with no points because of an interception on third down that went through Antonio Brown's hands and was picked off by their cornerback," Tomlin said.

(Per KFFL)

Legend

User Info Menu

Sorry. Thread title should have been "Ben Gives Antonio a Talking To." AFAIK, Tomlin only addressed Him in the media.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully someone gives Ben and Tomlin a talking to as well

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Shut up & play. Shut up & coach.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Hopefully someone gives Ben and Tomlin a talking to as well
    Yeah because throwing the ball into Antonio Browns hands and having it go through them for an interception needs to be addresses with the QB!! How funny!!

Here is all you need to know about Antonio Brown...

He scores a touchdown every 35.5 times he is targeted.

If I were Ben, I'd find a new target because this offense needs touchdowns more than they need the chains moved.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yeah because throwing the ball into Antonio Browns hands and having it go through them for an interception needs to be addresses with the QB!! How funny!!
    Im not talking about that play. How bout the first throw of the game that Ben missed a wide open WR by 5-10 yards? Or any of a dozen other questionable decisions he made during the game.

I bet if you combed thru the tape, you could find 2+ Ben mistakes for every AB mistake.

This team is a comedy of errors across the board. Mistakes are gonna happen. But the sheer number and the fact that they seem to come from every player on every corner of the field makes Tomlin even more culpable.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Im not talking about that play. How bout the first throw of the game that Ben missed a wide open WR by 5-10 yards? Or any of a dozen other questionable decisions he made during the game.

I bet if you combed thru the tape, you could find 2+ Ben mistakes for every AB mistake.

This team is a comedy of errors across the board. Mistakes are gonna happen. But the sheer number and the fact that they seem to come from every player on every corner of the field makes Tomlin even more culpable.
    more like 5+ for Ben but he handles the ball on every play. Funny how some players can make mistakes while others must be perfect.

Backup

User Info Menu

If I were Ben, I'd find a new target because this offense needs touchdowns more than they need the chains moved.
    There aren't many other good options to throw to. Miller still isn't himself, Moye and Wheaton hardly see the field, and Sanders hasn't been any better than Brown.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I understand where you are going with that but I think priority #1 would be catching the football (targets) for a WR before scoring a TD. Where does Brown rank on targets & drops? BB is a capable QB. How many times do you really expect Brown to catch a bubble screen at 1 yard and bust it 80 yards for a TD? You aren't going to score a lot of TDs per attempt if you aren't going vertical. I don't think I have ever heard ANYONE describe Haley's offense as a vertical attack.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I understand where you are going with that but I think priority #1 would be catching the football (targets) for a WR before scoring a TD. Where does Brown rank on targets & drops? BB is a capable QB. How many times do you really expect Brown to catch a bubble screen at 1 yard and bust it 80 yards for a TD? You aren't going to score a lot of TDs per attempt if you aren't going vertical. I don't think I have ever heard ANYONE describe Haley's offense as a vertical attack.
    Bubble screens and slants are thrown to him because he can't separate vertically, he isn't big enough or strong enough to go up and fight for a pass, he isn't physical enough to separate in the red zone, and he isn't physical enough to break tackles in the open field or catches passes over the deep middle.

Very limited in what can be thrown to him.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash