Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben and Tomlin Give Antonio a Talking To

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No doubt A.B. can find the END ZONE, just not w/ the current supporting cast and this lame O.C.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Bubble screens and slants are thrown to him because he can't separate vertically, he isn't big enough or strong enough to go up and fight for a pass, he isn't physical enough to separate in the red zone, and he isn't physical enough to break tackles in the open field or catches passes over the deep middle.

Very limited in what can be thrown to him.
    Sounds like another bad decision by management not recognizing this as a problem.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yeah because throwing the ball into Antonio Browns hands and having it go through them for an interception needs to be addresses with the QB!! How funny!!

Here is all you need to know about Antonio Brown...

He scores a touchdown every 35.5 times he is targeted.

If I were Ben, I'd find a new target because this offense needs touchdowns more than they need the chains moved.
    Roethlisberger's best season was 2007 when nearly 8% of his passes resulted in a TD. Who was he throwing to?

Stonio
    Ward
    Wilson
    N Washington

Two are all-pro and one is above average. If he needs that kind of receiving corp to be that productive, then the FO has their work cut out for them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Roethlisberger's best season was 2007 when nearly 8% of his passes resulted in a TD. Who was he throwing to?

Stonio
    Ward
    Wilson
    N Washington

Two are all-pro and one is above average. If he needs that kind of receiving corp to be that productive, then the FO has their work cut out for them.
    Hmm, I wonder if he had a RB that scored a TD or two ...?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is only going to make this team worse...as well as separation among the team.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Administrator

User Info Menu

Both players (Ben and Brown) aren't playing to their contracts #s
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Both players (Ben and Brown) aren't playing to their contracts #s
    Only the water boy is

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben did the right thing, but he didn't need to share it with the public. Keep gripes and admonishments in house.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

Stonio
    Ward
    Wilson
    N Washington

Your memory of these receivers is a little off.

Ward was a four-time pro bowler, but never an NFL all-pro.

Holmes was never a pro-bowler, nor an all-pro. He had one 1,000 yard season as a Steeler, and it was not the season in question.

Washington above average? Okay, whatever. I'd call him no more than a decent #3 but no huge difference. He hasn't done much since leaving Pittsburgh, so I see no reason to tout him as being a huge reason for Roethlisberger's success that season.

You seem to be stating that Ben needs to be surrounded by top WRs in order to succeed, but you disprove your point by pointing out this group of receivers, which really is an average group.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Your memory of these receivers is a little off.

Ward was a four-time pro bowler, but never an NFL all-pro.

Holmes was never a pro-bowler, nor an all-pro. He had one 1,000 yard season as a Steeler, and it was not the season in question.

Washington above average? Okay, whatever. I'd call him no more than a decent #3 but no huge difference. He hasn't done much since leaving Pittsburgh, so I see no reason to tout him as being a huge reason for Roethlisberger's success that season.

You seem to be stating that Ben needs to be surrounded by top WRs in order to succeed, but you disprove your point by pointing out this group of receivers, which really is an average group.
    while true... you also have to remember Nate Washington had one job and he did it well... he was a very good #3.