Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Ben and Tomlin Give Antonio a Talking To

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,496
    No doubt A.B. can find the END ZONE, just not w/ the current supporting cast and this lame O.C.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Bubble screens and slants are thrown to him because he can't separate vertically, he isn't big enough or strong enough to go up and fight for a pass, he isn't physical enough to separate in the red zone, and he isn't physical enough to break tackles in the open field or catches passes over the deep middle.

    Very limited in what can be thrown to him.
    Sounds like another bad decision by management not recognizing this as a problem.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yeah because throwing the ball into Antonio Browns hands and having it go through them for an interception needs to be addresses with the QB!! How funny!!

    Here is all you need to know about Antonio Brown...

    He scores a touchdown every 35.5 times he is targeted.

    If I were Ben, I'd find a new target because this offense needs touchdowns more than they need the chains moved.
    Roethlisberger's best season was 2007 when nearly 8% of his passes resulted in a TD. Who was he throwing to?

    Stonio
    Ward
    Wilson
    N Washington

    Two are all-pro and one is above average. If he needs that kind of receiving corp to be that productive, then the FO has their work cut out for them.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Roethlisberger's best season was 2007 when nearly 8% of his passes resulted in a TD. Who was he throwing to?

    Stonio
    Ward
    Wilson
    N Washington

    Two are all-pro and one is above average. If he needs that kind of receiving corp to be that productive, then the FO has their work cut out for them.
    Hmm, I wonder if he had a RB that scored a TD or two ...?


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  5. #15
    Backup Rara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    373
    This is only going to make this team worse...as well as separation among the team.
    Rara's 2014 NFL Mock Draft
    Round 1. Darqueze Dennard, CB; Michigan State
    Round 2. Stephon Tuitt, DE; Notre Dame
    Round 3a. TRADED
    Round 3b. Donte Moncrief, WR; Ole Miss
    Round 4. C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE; Iowa
    Round 5a. Ryan Carrethers, DT; Arkansas State
    Round 5b. Ryan Groy, OG; Wisconsin
    Round 6a. E.J. Gaines, CB; Missouri
    Round 6b. Trevor Reilly, OLB; Utah
    Round 7. Anthony Fera, K; Texas

  6. #16
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,158
    Both players (Ben and Brown) aren't playing to their contracts #s

  7. #17
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,451
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Both players (Ben and Brown) aren't playing to their contracts #s
    Only the water boy is

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,886
    Ben did the right thing, but he didn't need to share it with the public. Keep gripes and admonishments in house.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Roethlisberger's best season was 2007 when nearly 8% of his passes resulted in a TD. Who was he throwing to?

    Stonio
    Ward
    Wilson
    N Washington

    Two are all-pro and one is above average. If he needs that kind of receiving corp to be that productive, then the FO has their work cut out for them.
    Your memory of these receivers is a little off.

    Ward was a four-time pro bowler, but never an NFL all-pro.

    Holmes was never a pro-bowler, nor an all-pro. He had one 1,000 yard season as a Steeler, and it was not the season in question.

    Washington above average? Okay, whatever. I'd call him no more than a decent #3 but no huge difference. He hasn't done much since leaving Pittsburgh, so I see no reason to tout him as being a huge reason for Roethlisberger's success that season.

    You seem to be stating that Ben needs to be surrounded by top WRs in order to succeed, but you disprove your point by pointing out this group of receivers, which really is an average group.

  10. #20
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,343
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Your memory of these receivers is a little off.

    Ward was a four-time pro bowler, but never an NFL all-pro.

    Holmes was never a pro-bowler, nor an all-pro. He had one 1,000 yard season as a Steeler, and it was not the season in question.

    Washington above average? Okay, whatever. I'd call him no more than a decent #3 but no huge difference. He hasn't done much since leaving Pittsburgh, so I see no reason to tout him as being a huge reason for Roethlisberger's success that season.

    You seem to be stating that Ben needs to be surrounded by top WRs in order to succeed, but you disprove your point by pointing out this group of receivers, which really is an average group.
    while true... you also have to remember Nate Washington had one job and he did it well... he was a very good #3.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •