Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones Demoted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Jarvis Jones Demoted

And other news from the Tomlin PC:

[URL]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2013/10/tuesday-with-tomlin_29.html[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I heard that. The kid still needs to learn. He has great upside, but against Brady they will need someone who does his job and maintains his assignments.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe they ought to bench his counterpart on the other side for a game. At least Jones had a tackle. Mr. $61 million had all of 0 tackles and 0 assists vs. the Raiders...not to mention his part in Pryor's history-making 93-yard TD run.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 10-29-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Maybe they ought to bench his counterpart on the other side for a game. At least Jones had a tackle. Mr. $61 million had all of 0 tackles and 0 assists vs. the Raiders...not to mention his part in Pryor's history-making 93-yard TD run.
    Woodley did not have a good game, but from what I heard on the radio, his responsibility was to crash on the running back. Timmons was supposed to have the QB and Clark should have been, well, at least paying attention. Timmons took responsibility for blowing his assignment.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Woodley did not have a good game, but from what I heard on the radio, his responsibility was to crash on the running back. Timmons was supposed to have the QB and Clark should have been, well, at least paying attention. Timmons took responsibility for blowing his assignment.
    I just heard that too. Wolf & Labriola talked about it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Prime example of the danger of judging a player by the look of the play, rather than the design. Which begs the question, how possibly can PFF rate a guy's performance not knowing what his specific assignment was on each and every play?

PFF is great for the fans (and the website owners) but pretty useless as an objective evaluation of a player.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Prime example of the danger of judging a player by the look of the play, rather than the design. Which begs the question, how possibly can PFF rate a guy's performance not knowing what his specific assignment was on each and every play?

PFF is great for the fans (and the website owners) but pretty useless as an objective evaluation of a player.
    That could be true in some cases. I'm sure "ASSumptions" are made with regards to simple x's & o's & football 101 to do the grading. For example, on the Woodley play, OLB is responsible for contain in a simple base. Now, either from film study gameplan or a stunt-blitz that changed on that play. Apparently, Woodley was supposed to come down hard backside & Timmons was responsible for D gap. Designed or read of pulling G...Whatever the case...He did his job. However, Timmons wasn't the only one on that play that made a mistake but he was the 1st it fell on.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's a wash. It's not as if Woirlds is head and shoulders above him. Heck, he lost the starting job to Jones with his poor play so this is status quo at best. Won't make a lick of difference against the Pats.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think this is a good move. Worilds seems better equipped to get pressure at this point. I know JJ is young, but he's not yet what I expected. I figured he'd be getting at least a few sacks/FFs by now.

Now if we can just keep McClendon and Williams off the field, we may be better off at this point.

Legend

User Info Menu

what a pick