Thread: In This Passing League

Legend

User Info Menu

In This Passing League

We're giving up the 4th least passing yards a game. Everyone seems most critical of DL's defense because this is a passing league. Seems like we're about as good as anyone when it comes to stopping the pass.

If we just start tackling and stopping the run on D. And stop turning over the ball and scoring TDs in the redzone, this team can beat anyone. It's a lot to fix, but we're really not as bad as our record.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why pass when you can run?

We also had an O that treated the football like a hot potato so the D had short fields.

The criticism of DL has never been the yards.. its the lack of critical stops and 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 9

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

We also had an O that treated the football like a hot potato so the D had short fields.

The criticism of DL has never been the yards.. its the lack of critical stops and 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 9
    it's a fair point, but I think many would agree with the perception our defense for the last few years has been ranked very high - until the game was on the line. There have been far too many last minute losses and drives and if the opposing team needs one drive to win the game, I haven't liked our chances. I don't have stats to back that up - but that's been my impression for the last few seasons, starting with that flacco drive for the last minute TD.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes to this. This shows how statistics can be misleading.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

And lack of forced turnovers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    And lack of forced turnovers.
    yes.. this too. Lack of pressure as well.